Posted on 2018-01-23, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Wayne Cocroft | Publisher: English Heritage | Category: Military Science | Language: English | Page: 288 | ISBN: 1873592698 | ISBN13: 9781873592694 |
Description: From 1947 the United States committed herself to the containment of communist expansion, through what became known as the Truman doctrine. From that date, until the early 1990s Britain and other Western powers became locked in a political game of bluff that became known as the Cold War. How fast memory fades â€¦ Only 10 years on the Cold War is political history and the military bases, bunkers, intelligence posts, antennae, aircraft shelters and associated paraphernalia of conflict are deserted and decaying. This unique book reflects a project mounted by English Heritage to document the physical remains of Britain's cold war policies, before they are demolished or reused. The authors describe and discuss the secret offices beneath British cities, the mock villages used to train troops, the now-deserted dockyards where nuclear submarines were constructed, and the 1200 ft wide 'elephant cages' which listened to Soviet whispers from afar. The physical remains are constantly put into the context of political and social change by the authors, making this book fascinating reading for anybody interested in the immediate past.
Cold War: Building for Nuclear Confrontation 1946-1989.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35595
- 2013-12-07Cold War: Building for Nuclear Confrontation 1946-1989 (Repost)
- 2009-03-18Cold War: Building for Nuclear Confrontation 1946-1989
- 2017-10-21[PDF] Cold War and Decolonization in Guinea, 1946-1958
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Cold War America, 1946 to 1990 (Almanacs of American Life)
- 2017-12-01[PDF] Strategy and Tactics of the Salvadoran FMLN Guerrillas: Last Battle of the Cold War, Blueprint for Future Conflicts
- 2017-11-22[PDF] Cold War Command: The Dramatic Story of a Nuclear Submariner
- 2017-01-14[PDF] Strategy and Tactics of the Salvadoran FMLN Guerrillas: Last Battle of the Cold War, Blueprint for Future Conflicts
- 2012-05-11Mig-21: Cold War Warrior
- 2019-05-06Cold War and Decolonization in Guinea, 1946-1958
- 2019-03-24Cold War and Decolonization in Guinea, 1946-1958
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Dreaming War: Blood for Oil and the Cheney-Bush Junta (Nation Books)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Intervention Architecture: Building for Change
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Cold War Energy: A Transnational History of Soviet Oil and Gas - Removed
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Wet-Steam Turbines for Nuclear Power Plants
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Cold War Jets (Aeroplane Special Aviation Archive)
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Cold War Freud: Psychoanalysis in an Age of Catastrophes
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Advanced Separation Techniques for Nuclear Fuel Reprocessing and Radioactive Waste Treatment (Woodhead Publishing Series in Energy)
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Cold War: An Illustrated History, 1945-1989
- 2018-01-06[PDF] Cold War Jets (Aeroplane Special Aviation Archive)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.