Posted on 2017-10-21, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Udemy | Category: Video (tutorials, how-to, etc.) | Language: English | ISBN: acdabf1151e04b0eb981d5bd74ba5532 |
Description: Communicating Science to the Media, Public, and Policymakers MP4 | Video: AVC 1280x720 | Audio: AAC 44KHz 2ch | Duration: 1.5 Hours | 4.95 GB Genre: eLearning | Language: English How to Make Sure You and Your Research are Heard Accurately in a Noisy Media Environment This course will guide you through time-tested methods for successful science communication, including: identifying the specific audience you want to reach developing main messages to secure accurate media coverage mastering interview dos and don'ts analyzing effective interviews answering off-base questions dealing with "trap" questions talking about uncertainty while leading with what you know thinking objectively about advocacy I've helped hundreds of scientists secure accurate, effective media coverage for their work. From releasing research, to delivering Congressional testimony, to prepping a scientist for the Colbert Report, I've helped researchers makes sure their voices are being heard. My background is in communications and when it comes to communicating about science, the standard rules of PR and marketing just aren't good enough. That's because scientists and other academic researchers prize accuracy and integrity above all else. This course includes the same content I cover with audiences at major scientific societies, research universities and leading science NGOs. I'm putting it online because I want more scientists to use these tools and succeed. Especially in a tough job market and an era of budget cutting, you shouldn't have to travel to a conference or apply to a fellowship to get this kind of guidance. Going through the course will take just a few hours, but the lessons can pay dividends for years, especially if you're willing to put in the work to truly craft and hone your main messages. I'll also be an active coach. I love hearing about scientists' communication challenges and I'm here to help you succeed. Scientific research is too important for any of us to remain silent.
Communicating Science to the Media, Public, and Policymakers.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32622
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Citizen Science in the Digital Age: Rhetoric, Science, and Public Engagement (Albma Rhetoric Cult & Soc Crit)
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Selling Fear: Counterterrorism, the Media, and Public Opinion (Chicago Studies in American Politics)
- 2017-01-12[PDF] Selling Fear: Counterterrorism, the Media, and Public Opinion (Chicago Studies in American Politics)
- 2012-01-28The Importance of Common Metrics for Advancing Social Science Theory and Research: A Workshop Summary - Committee On Advancing Social Science Theory: The Importance Of Common Metrics
- 2018-09-10Denying Science: Conspiracy Theories, Media Distortions, and the War Against Reality
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Automatic Text Processing: The Transformation Analysis and Retrieval of Information by Computer (Addison-Wesley series in computer science)
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Data Science in the Cloud with Microsoft Azure Machine Learning and R
- 2018-01-17[PDF] At War with Metaphor: Media Propaganda and Racism in the War on Terror
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Energetic Particles in the Heliosphere (Astrophysics and Space Science Library) - Removed
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Defenders of the Truth: The Battle for Science in the Sociobiology Debate and Beyond
- 2018-01-02[PDF] What Science Offers the Humanities: Integrating Body and Culture
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Macromolecular Crystallography: Deciphering the Structure, Function and Dynamics of Biological Molecules (NATO Science for Peace and Security Series A: Chemistry and Biology)
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Planning Armageddon: Britain, the United States and the Command of Western Nuclear Forces, 1945-1964 (Routledge Studies in the History of Science, Technology and Medicine)
- 2017-12-21[PDF] A Science of Operations: Machines, Logic and the Invention of Programming
- 2017-12-18[PDF] Earth Science: Geology, the Environment, and the Universe, Student Edition (Glencoe Science)
- 2017-12-13[PDF] Building Data Science Teams: The Skills, Tools, and Perspectives Behind Great Data Science Groups
- 2017-12-07[PDF] Taking Science to the Moon: Lunar Experiments and the Apollo Program (New Series in NASA History)
- 2017-12-06[PDF] Exposed Science: Genes, the Environment, and the Politics of Population Health
- 2017-12-06[PDF] Arabs and Muslims in the Media: Race and Representation After 9/11
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.