Posted on 2017-12-16, by luongquocchinh.
Author: John Losee | Category: Physics | Language: English | Page: 141 | ISBN: 141284990X | ISBN13: 9781412849906 |
Description: Philosophers have discussed the relationship of cause and effect from ancient times through our own. Prior to the work of Niels Bohr, these discussions presupposed that successful causal attribution implies explanation. The success of quantum theory challenged this presupposition. Bohr introduced a principle of complementarity that provides a new way of looking at causality and explanation. In this succinct review of the history of these discussions, John Losee presents the philosophical background of debates over the cause-effect relation. He reviews the positions of Aristotle, Rene Descartes, Isaac Newton, David Hume, Immanuel Kant, and John Stuart Mill. He shows how nineteenth-century theories in physics and chemistry were informed by a dominant theory of causality and how specific developments in physics provided the background for the emergence of quantum theory. Problems created for the "causality implies explanation" thesis by the emergence of quantum theory are reviewed in detail. Losee evaluates Bohrâ€™s proposals to apply a principle of complementarity within physics, biology, and psychology. He also discusses the feasibility of using complementarity as a principle of interpretation within Christian theology. This volume, which includes an in-depth index, is an essential addition to the libraries of advanced undergraduate and graduate students, philosophers, and those interested in causality and explanation.
Complementarity, Causality, and Explanation.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34424
- 2017-04-12[PDF] Unifying Causality and Psychology: Being, Brain, and Behavior
- 2010-11-02Causality and Explanation (Repost)
- 2007-09-09Causality and Explanation
- 2007-09-07Causality and Explanation
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Myth of Universal Human Rights: Its Origin, History, and Explanation, Along with a More Humane Way
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Quantum Causality: Conceptual Issues in the Causal Theory of Quantum Mechanics (Springer Studies in History and Philosophy of Science) - Removed
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Causality and Causal Modelling in the Social Sciences: Measuring Variations (Methodos Series) - Removed
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Recent Advances and Future Directions in Causality, Prediction, and Specification Analysis: Essays in Honor of Halbert L. White Jr - Removed
- 2018-01-07[PDF] Free Will and Action Explanation: A Non-Causal, Compatibilist Account
- 2018-01-06[PDF] Quantum Objects: Non-Local Correlation, Causality and Objective Indefiniteness in the Quantum World - Removed
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Capturing Connectivity and Causality in Complex Industrial Processes (SpringerBriefs in Applied Sciences and Technology) - Removed
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Causality and Psychopathology: Finding the Determinants of Disorders and their Cures (American Psychopathological Association)
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Causality and Mind: Essays on Early Modern Philosophy
- 2017-12-01[PDF] Evidence, Decision and Causality
- 2017-12-01[PDF] Cause and Explanation in Ancient Greek Thought
- 2017-12-01[PDF] Complementarity in Mathematics: A First Introduction to the Foundations of Mathematics and Its History (Mathematics and Its Applications) - Removed
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Causality and dispersion relations, Volume 95 (Mathematics in Science and Engineering)
- 2017-11-17[PDF] A Mathematical and Philosophical Dictionary: Containing an Explanation of the Terms, and an Account of the Several Subjects, comprized under the heads ... Writings of the most Eminent Authors, etc.
- 2017-11-14[PDF] Facilities Management: An Explanation (Building and Surveying Series)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.