Posted on 2017-11-14, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Stephen S. Cohen | Publisher: Harvard Business Review Press | Category: Economy | Language: English | Page: 240 | ISBN: 1422189813 | ISBN13: 9781422189818 |
Description: an excellent new book Paul Krugman, The New York Times History, not ideology, holds the key to growth. Brilliantly written and argued, Concrete Economics shows how government has repeatedly reshaped the American economy ever since Alexander Hamiltons first, foundational redesign. This book does not rehash the sturdy and long-accepted arguments that to thrive, entrepreneurial economies need a broad range of freedoms. Instead, Steve Cohen and Brad DeLong remedy our national amnesia about how our economy has actually grown and the role government has played in redesigning and reinvigorating it throughout our history. The government not only sets the ground rules for entrepreneurial activity but directs the surges of energy that mark a vibrant economy. This is as true for present-day Silicon Valley as it was for New England manufacturing at the dawn of the nineteenth century. The authors argument is not one based on abstract ideas, arcane discoveries, or complex correlations. Instead it is based on the factsfacts that were once well known but that have been obscured in a fog of ideologyof how the US economy benefited from a pragmatic government approach to succeed so brilliantly. Understanding how our economy has grown in the past provides a blueprint for how we might again redesign and reinvigorate it today, for such a redesign is sorely needed.
Concrete Economics: The Hamilton Approach to Economic Growth and Policy.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33464
- 2011-08-16The East Asian Miracle: Economic Growth and Public Policy (World Bank Policy Research Reports)
- 2011-01-08The East Asian Miracle: Economic Growth and Public Policy (World Bank Policy Research Reports) By The World Bank
- 2010-07-08On the Reappraisal of Microeconomics: Economic Growth And Change in a Material World
- 2017-02-16[PDF] The Making of the Classical Theory of Economic Growth (Routledge Studies in the History of Economics)
- 2017-11-09[PDF] Climate Economics: The State of the Art
- 2017-11-07[PDF] The Foxfire Approach: Inspiration for Classrooms and Beyond
- 2017-11-07[PDF] Environmental Resource Management and the Nexus Approach: Managing Water, Soil, and Waste in the Context of Global Change
- 2017-11-04[PDF] Economic Growth and the Environment: An Introduction to the Theory
- 2017-11-03[PDF] A Middle Class Without Democracy: Economic Growth and the Prospects for Democratization in China
- 2017-10-31[PDF] Run of the Red Queen: Government, Innovation, Globalization, and Economic Growth in China
- 2017-10-28[PDF] Organic Synthesis: The Disconnection Approach (Wiley, 1991)
- 2017-10-24[PDF] Development Economics: The Role of Agriculture in Development
- 2017-10-24[PDF] Debunking Economics: The Naked Emperor of the Social Sciences
- 2017-10-17[PDF] Electronic Materials: The Oligomer Approach
- 2017-10-15[PDF] Social Practices: A Wittgensteinian Approach to Human Activity and the Social
- 2017-10-14[PDF] Concrete in the Marine Environment (Modern Concrete Technology)
- 2017-10-13[PDF] The China Path to Economic Transition and Development
- 2017-10-11[PDF] Environmental Economics: An Integrated Approach
- 2017-10-09[PDF] Artificial Economics: The Generative Method in Economics (Lecture Notes in Economics and Mathematical Systems)
- 2017-10-08[PDF] Housing Economics: A Historical Approach
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.