Posted on 2017-10-25, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Frank B. Cross | Publisher: Cambridge University Press | Category: Religion Other | Language: English | Page: 270 | ISBN: 1107041449 | ISBN13: 9781107041448 |
Description: Many of us take for granted the idea that the right to religious freedom should be protected in a free, democratic polity. However, this book challenges whether the protection and privilege of religious belief and identity should be prioritized over any other right. By studying the effects of constitutional promises of religious freedom and establishment clauses, Frank B. Cross sets the stage for a set of empirical questions that examines the consequences of such protections. Although the case for broader protection is often made as a theoretical matter, constitutions generally protect freedom of religion. Allowing people full choice in holding religious beliefs or freedom of conscience is central to their autonomy. Freedom of religion is thus potentially a very valuable aspect of society, at least so long as it respects the freedom of individuals to be irreligious. This book tests these associations and finds that constitutions provide national religious protection, especially when the legal system is more sophisticated.
Constitutions and Religious Freedom (Comparative Constitutional Law and Policy).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32767
- 2017-12-05[PDF] The Oxford Handbook of Comparative Constitutional Law
- 2017-01-11[PDF] The Oxford Handbook of Comparative Constitutional Law
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Social and Political Foundations of Constitutions (Comparative Constitutional Law and Policy)
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Constitutionalism in Asia in the Early Twenty-First Century (Comparative Constitutional Law and Policy)
- 2017-12-17[PDF] International Courts and the Performance of International Agreements: A General Theory with Evidence from the European Union (Comparative Constitutional Law and Policy)
- 2017-12-09[PDF] Defining Harm: Religious Freedom and the Limits of the Law (Law and Society)
- 2018-04-22Legitimacy Gap Secularism, Religion, and Culture in Comparative Constitutional Law
- 2017-12-22[PDF] Advanced Introduction to Comparative Constitutional Law (Elgar Advanced Introductions series)
- 2017-10-20[PDF] Comparative Matters: The Renaissance of Comparative Constitutional Law
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Comparative Matters: The Renaissance of Comparative Constitutional Law
- 2014-01-06Comparative Constitutional Design (Comparative Constitutional Law and Policy) - eazydoc.com
- 2013-06-25Comparative Constitutional Design (Comparative Constitutional Law and Policy)
- 2011-07-23The Right to Religious Freedom in International Law: Between Group Rights and Individual Rights - Removed
- 2018-10-08The Oxford Handbook of Comparative Constitutional Law
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Security and Policy Driven Computing
- 2017-10-31[PDF] Markets and Policy Measures in the Evolution of Electric Mobility
- 2018-01-29[PDF] American Constitutional Law: Essays, Cases, and Comparative Notes (Volumes 1 and 2)
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Sub-State Governance through Territorial Autonomy: A Comparative Study in Constitutional Law of Powers, Procedures and Institutions - Removed
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Britannia 1066-1884: From Medieval Absolutism to the Birth of Freedom under Constitutional Monarchy, Limited Suffrage, and the Rule of Law (Studies in Public Choice) - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.