[PDF] Creating a Nation with Cloth: Women, Wealth, and Tradition in the Tongan Diaspora (ASAO Studies in Pacific Anthropology)
Posted on 2017-10-11, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Ping-Ann Addo | Publisher: Berghahn Books | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 252 | ISBN: 0857458957 | ISBN13: 9780857458957 |
Description: Tongan women living outside of their island homeland create and use hand-made, sometimes hybridized, textiles to maintain and rework their cultural traditions in diaspora. Central to these traditions is an ancient concept of homeland or nationâ€” fonuaâ€”which Tongans retain as an anchor for modern nation-building. Utilizing the concept of the â€œmulti-territorial nation,â€ the author questions the notion that living in diaspora is mutually exclusive with authentic cultural production and identity. The globalized nation the women build through gifting their barkcloth and fine mats, challenges the normative idea that nations are always geographically bounded or spatially contiguous. The work suggests that, contrary to prevalent understandings of globalization, global resource flows do not always primarily involve commodities. Focusing on first-generation Tongans in New Zealand and the relationships they forge across generations and throughout the diaspora, the book examines how these communities centralize the diaspora by innovating and adapting traditional cultural forms in unprecedented ways.
Creating a Nation with Cloth: Women, Wealth, and Tradition in the Tongan Diaspora (ASAO Studies in Pacific Anthropology).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32299
- 2014-01-04Creating a Nation With Cloth: Women, Wealth, and Tradition in the Tongan Diaspora (Asao Studies in Pacific Anthropology)
- 2017-11-26[PDF] The Death of the Big Men and the Rise of the Big Shots: Custom and Conflict in East New Britain (ASAO Studies in Pacific Anthropology)
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Creating Business Value with Information Technology: Challenges and Solutions
- 2017-12-13[PDF] Creating Motion Graphics with After Effects: Essential and Advanced Techniques, 4th Edition
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Creating Motion Graphics with After Effects: Essential and Advanced Techniques, 4th Edition
- 2017-11-17[PDF] A Forgotten Sisterhood: Pioneering Black Women Educators and Activists in the Jim Crow South
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Information Warfare in Business: Strategies of Control and Resistance in the Network Society (Routledge Studies in Business Organizations and Networks)
- 2017-11-07[PDF] A Delicate Balance: Global Perspectives on Innovation and Tradition in the History of Mathematics : A Festschrift in Honor of Joseph W. Dauben
- 2017-07-28Downwardly Global: Women, Work, and Citizenship in the Pakistani Diaspora
- 2017-02-14[PDF] Information Warfare in Business: Strategies of Control and Resistance in the Network Society (Routledge Studies in Business Organizations and Networks)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Creating a Poster with Adobe Mobile Apps
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Creating PowerShell Cmdlets with C#
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Creating PowerShell Cmdlets with PowerShell
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Creating Trendy Designs with Abstract Patterns in Illustrator
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Creating Web Applications With Java
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Stop Wasting Your Life & Do Something - How To Live A Life Filled With Happiness, Health, Wealth, and Inner Peace
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Creating Product Mockups With Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Creating 2D Games with Unity
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Creating Crystal Jewelry with Swarovski: 65 Sparkling Designs with Crystal Beads and Stones
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.