Posted on 2017-11-23, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Mariko Tamanoi | Publisher: Univ of Hawaii Pr | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 213 | ISBN: 0824828720 | ISBN13: 9780824828721 |
Description: Crossed Histories represents a collaborative and interdisciplinary approach to "Manchuria" under Japan's influence from the turn of the twentieth century to 1945. The contributors, who represent the fields of history, literature, film studies, sociology, and anthropology, unpack the complexity of Manchuria as an effect of the geopolitical imaginaries of various individuals and groups shaped by imperialism, colonialism, Pan-Asianism, and the present globalization. Manchuria is thus examined in the imaginations of a Chinese journalist and his Shanghai readers in the 1930s prewar Japanese city planners and architects a Manchu princess later executed by the Chinese nationalist government various audiences of Japanese "goodwill films" of the 1930s and 1940s the seven thousand Poles who immigrated to northern Manchuria in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries the state makers of Manchukuo (which included both Japanese and Chinese leaders) and North and South Korea during the Cold War era and a student of Manchuria Nation-Building University in the mid-1940s.
Crossed Histories: Manchuria in the Age of Empire (Asian Interactions and Comparisons).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33718
- 2018-01-18[PDF] German Orientalism in the Age of Empire: Religion, Race, and Scholarship (Publications of the German Historical Institute)
- 2013-03-20German Orientalism in the Age of Empire: Religion, Race, and Scholarship (repost)
- 2012-01-16German Orientalism in the Age of Empire: Religion, Race, and Scholarship
- 2012-01-16German Orientalism in the Age of Empire: Religion, Race, and Scholarship [Repost]
- 2011-10-19German Orientalism in the Age of Empire: Religion, Race, and Scholarship
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Sen: Buddhism, Diplomacy, & Trade (Asian Interactions and Comparisons)
- 2013-08-29The Genesis of East Asia, 221 B.C.-A.D. 907 (Asian Interactions and Comparisons) (Repost)
- 2011-10-19The Genesis of East Asia, 221 B.C.-A.D. 907 (Asian Interactions and Comparisons)
- 2011-08-31Buddhism, Diplomacy, and Trade: The Realignment of Sino-Indian Relations, 600-1400 (Asian Interactions and Comparisons)
- 2010-10-26The Genesis of East Asia, 221 B.C.-A.D. 907 (Asian Interactions and Comparisons)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Dark Matter: Art and Politics in the Age of Enterprise Culture (Marxism and Culture)
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Flow TV: Television in the Age of Media Convergence
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Bullspotting: Finding Facts in the Age of Misinformation
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Bodies in Resistance: Gender and Sexual Politics in the Age of Neoliberalism (Gender, Development and Social Change) - Removed
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Irony in the Age of Empire: Comic Perspectives on Democracy and Freedom (American Philosophy)
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Mammals from the Age of Dinosaurs: Origins, Evolution, and Structure
- 2018-01-12[PDF] A Calculus of Angels (The Age of Unreason, Book 2)
- 2018-01-11[PDF] The Age of Empire: 1875-1914
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Push Back: Guilt in the Age of Natural Parenting
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.