Posted on 2017-12-18, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Giovanni Bennardo | Category: Psychology | Language: English | Page: 336 | ISBN: 0199908044 | ISBN13: 9780199908042 |
Description: This book is about cultural models. Cultural models are defined as molar organizations of knowledge. Their internal structure consists of a 'core' component and 'peripheral' nodes that are filled by default values. These values are instantiated, i.e., changed to specific values or left at their default values, when the individual experiences 'events' of any type. Thus, the possibility arises for recognizing and categorizing events as representative of the same cultural model even if they slightly differ in each of their specific occurrences. Cultural models play an important role in the generation of one's behavior. They correlate well with those of others and the behaviors they help shape are usually interpreted by others as intended. A proposal is then advanced to consider cultural models as fundamental units of analysis for an approach to culture that goes beyond the dichotomy between the individual (culture only in mind) and the collective (culture only in the social realm). The genesis of the concept of cultural model is traced from Kant to contemporary scholars. The concept underwent a number of transformations (including label) while it crossed and received further and unique elaborations within disciplines like philosophy, psychology, anthropology, sociology, artificial intelligence, and cognitive science. A methodological trajectory is outlined that blends qualitative and quantitative techniques that cross-feed each other in the gargantuan effort to discover cultural models. A survey follows of the extensive research about cultural models carried out with populations of North Americans, Europeans, Latino- and Native-Americans , Asians (including South Asians and South-East Asians), Pacific Islanders, and Africans. The results of the survey generated the opportunity to propose an empirically motivated typology of cultural models rooted in the primary difference between foundational and molar types. The book closes with a suggestion of a number of avenues that the authors recognize the research on cultural models could be traversing in the near future.
Cultural Models: Genesis, Methods, and Experiences.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34502
- 2017-01-11[PDF] Cultural Models: Genesis, Methods, and Experiences
- 2017-04-12[PDF] Cultural Models in Language and Thought
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Stochastic Models, Information Theory, and Lie Groups, Volume 1: Classical Results and Geometric Methods (Applied and Numerical Harmonic Analysis) - Removed
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Stochastic Models, Information Theory, and Lie Groups, Volume 2: Analytic Methods and Modern Applications (Applied and Numerical Harmonic Analysis) - Removed
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Mixed Effects Models for the Population Approach: Models, Tasks, Methods and Tools
- 2017-11-30[PDF] Qualitative Research in Management: Methods and Experiences
- 2017-11-15[PDF] Autonomous Guided Vehicles: Methods and Models for Optimal Path Planning
- 2017-11-08[PDF] Testing and Validation of Computer Simulation Models: Principles, Methods and Applications (Simulation Foundations, Methods and Applications) - Removed
- 2017-11-05[PDF] An Introduction to Methods and Models in Ecology, Evolution, and Conservation Biology
- 2017-10-31[PDF] System Reliability Theory: Models, Statistical Methods, and Applications, 2nd Edition (Wiley Series in Probability and Statistics)
- 2017-10-31[PDF] Laser Filamentation: Mathematical Methods and Models
- 2017-10-27[PDF] Regimes of Historicity: Presentism and Experiences of Time (European Perspectives: A Series in Social Thought and Cultural Criticism)
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Regimes of Historicity: Presentism and Experiences of Time (European Perspectives: A Series in Social Thought and Cultural Criticism)
- 2012-01-04Analytical Methods and Approaches for Water Resources Project Planning
- 2011-11-04Conceptual Models of Flow and Transport in the Fractured Vadose Zone
- 2019-01-31Parallel Algorithms for Linear Models Numerical Methods and Estimation Problems
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Plant Cold Acclimation: Methods and Protocols (Methods in Molecular Biology)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Plant Cell Division: Methods and Protocols
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.