Posted on 2018-01-03, by luongquocchinh.
Author: M. B. Hackler | Publisher: University Press of Mississippi | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 224 | ISBN: 1604734906 | ISBN13: 9781604734904 |
Description: Rebuilding in Louisiana and Mississippi after Hurricanes Katrina and Rita presented some very thorny issues. Certain cultural projects benefited from immediate attention and funding while others, with equal cases for assistance but with less attraction to future tourist dollars, languished. New Orleans and its surroundings contain a diverse mixture of Native Americans, African Americans, Creoles, Cajuns, Islenos with roots in the Canary Islands, and the descendants of Italian, Irish, English, Croatian, and German immigrants, among others. Since 2005 much is now different for the people of the Gulf Coast, and much more stands to change as governments, national and international nonprofit organizations, churches, and community groups determine how and even where life will continue. This collection elucidates how this process occurs and seeks to understand the cultures that may be saved through assistance or may be allowed to fade away through neglect. Essays in Culture after the Hurricanes examine the ways in which a wide variety of stakeholders -community activists, elected officials, artists, and policy administrators -describe, quantify, and understand the unique assets of the region. Contributors question the process of cultural planning by analyzing the language employed in decision making. They attempt to navigate between rhetoric and the actual experience of ordinary citizens, examining the long-term implications for those who call the Gulf Coast home.
Culture after the Hurricanes: Rhetoric and Reinvention on the Gulf Coast.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34999
- 2011-11-27Culture after the Hurricanes: Rhetoric and Reinvention on the Gulf Coast
- 2011-08-21Culture after the Hurricanes: Rhetoric and Reinvention on the Gulf Coast - Removed
- 2011-10-14Increasing National Resilience to Hazards and Disasters: The Perspective from the Gulf Coast of Louisiana and Mississippi
- 2017-12-23[PDF] Theology after the Birth of God: Atheist Conceptions in Cognition and Culture - Removed
- 2017-10-26[PDF] The Rhetoric of Intellectual Property: Copyright Law and the Regulation of Digital Culture (Routledge Studies in Rhetoric and Communication)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] The Rhetoric of Intellectual Property: Copyright Law and the Regulation of Digital Culture (Routledge Studies in Rhetoric and Communication)
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Conflict After the Cold War: Arguments on Causes of War and Peace
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Culture from the Inside Out: Travel and Meet Yourself
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Way with Words: Writing Rhetoric and the Art of Persuasion (The Modern Scholar) (Audiobook)
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Culture in the Marketplace: Gender, Art, and Value in the American Southwest (Objects/Histories)
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Damascus after the Muslim Conquest: Text and Image in Early Islam
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Psychology After the Crisis: Scientific paradigms and political debate (Psychology After Critique)
- 2017-12-03[PDF] Women After All: Sex, Evolution, and the End of Male Supremacy
- 2017-12-01[PDF] Invisible After Dark: (A Doctor and Mr. Livingstone Mystery) (The Doctor and Mr. Livinstone Book 2)
- 2017-11-17[PDF] Careers After the Armed Forces: How to Decide on the Right Career and Make a Successful Transition
- 2017-10-07[PDF] England after the Great Recession: Tracking the Political and Cultural Consequences of the Crisis - Removed
- 2017-04-10[PDF] Egypt after Mubarak: Liberalism, Islam, and Democracy in the Arab World (Princeton Studies in Muslim Politics)
- 2017-04-08[PDF] Biology After the Sociobiology Debate: What Introductory Textbooks Say About the Nature of Science and Organisms
- 2017-02-10[PDF] Women After All: Sex, Evolution, and the End of Male Supremacy
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.