[PDF] Cypriot Cinemas: Memory, Conflict, and Identity in the Margins of Europe (Topics and Issues in National Cinema)
Posted on 2017-12-14, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Costas Constandinides, Yiannis Papadakis | Category: Art related | Language: English | Page: 264 | ISBN: 1623561310 | ISBN13: 9781623561314 |
Description: Cyprus, the idyllic â€œisland of Aphrodite,â€ is better known as a site of conflict and division between Greek Cypriots and Turkish Cypriots, rather than for its film production. Constandinides and Papadakis work to rectify this dearth of information by discussing the ouevre of filmmakers engaging with the island's traumatic legacies: anti-colonial struggles, post-colonial instability, interethnic conflict, external interventions and war. Starting with the cinema of the 1960s, when the island became a republic, the collection focuses on the recent decades of filmmakers exploring issues of conflict, memory, identity, nationalism, migration and gender, as well as the work of filmmakers who chose to cooperate across the ethnic divide. Cypriot Cinemas utilizes a methodology that engages all necessary perspectives for an illuminating critical discussion: historical, theoretical and comparative (Greek Cypriot and Turkish Cypriot films in relation to regional film cultures/practices). While the volume develops a discussion based on the reading of the political in Cypriot films, it also looks at other film cultures and debates such as (s)exploitation films and transnational cinema.
Cypriot Cinemas: Memory, Conflict, and Identity in the Margins of Europe (Topics and Issues in National Cinema).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34360
- 2017-11-06[PDF] Ecology and Contemporary Nordic Cinemas: From Nation-building to Ecocosmopolitanism (Topics and Issues in National Cinema)
- 2018-01-09[PDF] European Civil War Films: Memory, Conflict, and Nostalgia (Routledge Advances in Film Studies)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] European Civil War Films: Memory, Conflict, and Nostalgia (Routledge Advances in Film Studies)
- 2011-11-08Conflict and Reconstruction in Multiethnic Societies: Proceedings of a Russian-American Workshop
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Remediating Transcultural Memory (Media and Cultural Memory / Medien Und Kulturelle Erinnerung)
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Italians Before Italy: Conflict and Competition in the Mediterranean
- 2017-12-23[PDF] Cyber Power: Crime, Conflict and Security in Cyberspace (Forensic Sciences)
- 2017-12-15[PDF] Understanding Autobiographical Memory: Theories and Approaches
- 2017-11-09[PDF] Acting to Manage Conflict and Bullying Through Evidence-Based Strategies
- 2017-10-26[PDF] 50 Best Memory Methods and Tests
- 2017-10-26[PDF] Improve your Memory, Brain and Self Forever: Easy ways to Increase your inner power
- 2017-10-07[PDF] Theatres of Memory: Past and Present in Contemporary Culture
- 2016-11-30European Civil War Films Memory, Conflict, and Nostalgia
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Picture Perfect: Landscape, Place and Travel in British Cinema Before 1930 (New Research in British Film and Television Studies)
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Service-Learning: History, Theory, and Issues
- 2017-12-30[PDF] International Politics: Concepts, Theories and Issues
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Gifted Education: Current Perspectives and Issues
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Genetically Engineered Salmon: Background and Issues
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Business Ethics: A Stakeholder and Issues Management Approach
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.