[PDF] DV-Made China: Digital Subjects and Social Transformations after Independent Film (Critical Interventions)
Posted on 2017-11-24, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Zhang Zen, Angela Zito | Publisher: University of Hawaii Press | Category: Art related | Language: English | Page: 400 | ISBN: 0824846818 | ISBN13: 9780824846817 |
Description: In 1990s post-Reform China, a growing number of people armed with video cameras poured out upon the Chinese landscape to both observe and contribute to the social changes then underway. This digital turn has given us a DV China that includes film and media communities across different social strata and disenfranchised groups, including ethnic and religious minorities and LGBTQ communities. DV-Made China takes stock of these phenomena by surveying the social and cultural landscape of grassroots and alternative cinema practices. The volume shows how Chinese independent, amateur, and activist filmmakers energize the tension between old and new media, performance and representation, fiction and non- fiction, art and politics, China and the world. Essays by scholars in cinema and media studies, anthropology, history, Asian and Tibetan studies bring innovative interdisciplinary methodologies to critically expand upon existing scholarship on contemporary Chinese independent documentary. Their inquiries then extend to narrative feature, activist video, animation, and other digital hybrids. Portability facilitates forms of radically private filmproduction and audience habits of small-screen consumption. Yet it also links up makers and consumers, curators and censors allowing for speedier circulation, more discussion, and quicker formations of public political and aesthetic discourses. DV-Made China introduces new frameworks in a Chinese setting that range from aesthetics to ethical activism, from digital shooting and editing techniques to the politics of film circulation in festivals and online. Politics, the authors argue, travels along paths of aesthetic excitement, and aesthetic choices, conversely, always bear ethical consequences. The films, their makers, their audiences and their distributional pathways all harbor implications for social change that are closely intertwined with the fate of media culture in a world that both contains and is influencedby China.
DV-Made China: Digital Subjects and Social Transformations after Independent Film (Critical Interventions).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33743
- 2017-11-08[PDF] Japan's Industrious Revolution: Economic and Social Transformations in the Early Modern Period
- 2018-02-02[PDF] Booked: The digital marketing and social media appointment setting system for anyone looking for a steady stream of leads, appointments, and new clients.
- 2017-11-17[PDF] Remembering the Samsui Women: Migration and Social Memory in Singapore and China (Contemporary Chinese Studies)
- 2017-10-19[PDF] Booked: The Digital Marketing and Social Media Appointment Setting System for Anyone Looking for a Steady Stream of Leads, Appointments and New Clients
- 2017-10-14[PDF] Superconnected: The Internet, Digital Media, and Techno-Social Life (Sage Sociological Essentials)
- 2011-11-29Intelligent Kindness: Reforming the Culture of Healthcare - Leicester John Ballatt - Independent Consultant Advising On Health And Social Care And Organisationa
- 2018-11-13Digital Economy and Social Design
- 2018-06-01Siloed Diversity Transnational Migration, Digital Media and Social Networks
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Imagined Civilizations: China, the West, and Their First Encounter
- 2018-02-01[PDF] VLSI Custom Microelectronics: Digital: Analog, and Mixed-Signal
- 2018-01-30[PDF] How We Think: Digital Media and Contemporary Technogenesis
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Dangerous Others, Insecure Societies: Fear and Social Division
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Practical Budget Management in Health and Social Care
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Navigating Borders (International Migration, Integration and Social Cohesion)
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Videomaker Guide to Digital Video and DVD Production
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Fuzzy Set Analysis for Behavioral and Social Sciences (Recent Research in Psychology) - Removed
- 2018-01-21[PDF] No Way to Go: Transport and Social Disadvantage in Australian Communities
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Women of the Andes: Patriarchy and Social Change in Two Peruvian Towns (Women and Culture Series)
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Surviving Your Placement in Health and Social Care: A Student Handbook
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.