Posted on 2017-12-03, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Matthew J Ramage | Category: Christianity | Language: English | Page: 1 | ISBN: 0813221560 |
Description: Multiple gods? Divinely mandated genocide? Rejection of an afterlife? If the Scriptures are the inspired and inerrant word of God that Christians claim them to be, how can they contain these things? For many believers in the modern age, traditional Christian answers to these challenges are no longer convincing. Though spiritually edifying, they are unable to account for the sheer scope and depth of problems raised through the advent of historical-critical scholarship. Following the lead of Pope Benedict XVI, in Dark Passages of the Bible Matthew Ramage weds the historical-critical approach with a theological reading of Scripture based in the patristic-medieval tradition. Whereas these two approaches are often viewed as mutually exclusive or even contradictory, Ramage insists that the two are mutually enriching and necessary for doing justice to the Bible's most challenging texts. Ramage applies Benedict XVI's hermeneutical principles to three of the most theologically problematic areas of the Bible: its treatment of God's nature, the nature of good and evil, and the afterlife. Teasing out key hermeneutical principles from the work of Thomas Aquinas, Ramage analyzes each of these themes with an eye to reconciling texts whose presence would seem to violate the doctrines of biblical inspiration and inerrancy. At the same time, Ramage directly addresses the problems of concrete biblical texts in light of both patristic and modern exegetical methods.
Dark Passages of the Bible: Engaging Scripture with Benedict XVI and St. Thomas Aquinas.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34040
- 2017-10-29[PDF] Finding God In The Bible: What Crazy Prophets, Fickle Followers And Dangerous Outlaws Reveal About Friendship With God
- 2017-11-22[PDF] Seems Like Scrappy: The Look You Love With Fat Quarters and Precuts
- 2017-11-05[PDF] Creative Intelligence in the 21st Century: Grappling with Enormous Problems and Huge Opportunities
- 2017-10-18[PDF] A Season on the Brink: A Year with Bob Knight and the Indiana Hoosiers
- 2018-01-27[PDF] What's In the Bible: A Tour of Scripture from the Dust of Creation to the Glory of Revelation
- 2017-11-22[PDF] How to Read the Bible: A Guide to Scripture, Then and Now
- 2012-06-04The Bible of Karate: Bubishi
- 2018-08-15Dark History of the Bible The Sins, the Temptation, the Betrayal and the Word
- 2018-08-01Dark History of the Bible: The Sins, the Temptation, the Betrayal and the Word
- 2018-07-31Dark History of The Bible: The Sins The Temptation The Betrayal and The Word
- 2018-04-25Senses of Scripture, Treasures of Tradition, The Bible in Arabic among Jews, Christians and Muslims
- 2018-02-01[PDF] All Things in the Bible [2 Volumes]: An Encyclopedia of the Biblical World [Two Volumes]: All Things in the Bible: An Encyclopedia of the Biblical World [Two Volumes]
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Hard Sayings of the Bible (Hard Sayings Series the Hard Sayings)
- 2018-01-13[PDF] How We Got the Bible [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Sex in the Bible: A New Consideration (Psychology, Religion, and Spirituality)
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Alleged Discrepancies of the Bible
- 2018-01-10[PDF] 50 Proofs for the Bible: New Testament
- 2018-01-10[PDF] 50 Proofs for the Bible: Old Testament
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Idiot's Guides: The Bible
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.