[PDF] Discrete Systems and Digital Signal Processing with MATLAB (Electrical Engineering Textbook Series)
Posted on 2018-01-23, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Taan S. ElAli, Taan ElAli | Publisher: CRC Press; 1 edition | Category: Electrical Engineering | Language: English | Page: 667 | ISBN: 0849310938 | ISBN13: 9780849310935 |
Description: Books on linear systems typically cover both discrete and continuous systems together. While electrical and computer engineering students need a solid background in both areas, coverage of that scope does justice to neither. Discrete linear systems is a broad area, and those studying the subject need and deserve a dedicated treatment.Discrete Systems and Digital Signal Processing with MATLAB presents all of the material needed to build a strong foundation and at the same time master the use of MATLAB for problem solving. This treatment is detailed and firmly rooted in basic mathematical principles. It covers all of the traditional topics but features several chapters that make the book unique: * Two stand-alone chapters on transformations and continuous filter design presented before a thorough treatment of IIR and FIR digital filter design. Together these four chapters form a complete presentation of digital filter design found in no other text * A chapter on state-space discrete systems and another summarizing all representations used in describing discrete linear systems * A very comprehensive chapter on the DFT and FFT that covers a wide range of FFT applicationsEach chapter contains a multitude of examples that illustrate each concept as it is presented and includes end-of-chapter sections of examples and exercises that demonstrate the theory. Each chapter also contains a section of "insights" that helps students gain a deeper understanding of key terms and connect the concepts to real-life situations. Reviews Discrete linear systems and digital signal processing have been treated for years in separate publications. ElAli has skillfully combined these two subjects into a single and very useful volume. : Useful for electrical and computer engineering students and working professionals, this book would be a nice addition to the shelves of academic and public libraries. Summing Up: Highly Recommended. - CHOICE Summary: Excellent book for my need Rating: 4 I have always wanted a book that would integrate MATLAB with digital signal processing and this book appear to be the absolute solution to my need. I was not looking for errors in the book at all, all I needed is to acquire enough knowledge and that's exactly what I got! I recommend this book to those who fall into this same category and look out for later editions the authors might be releasing!!! Summary: Discrete Systems and Digital Signal Processing with MATLAB Rating: 4 This book approaches Digital SIgnal Processing in a very unique way, It makes Gives it reader a better grip and understanding of basic concepts and then build systematically on that. It includes several end of chapter solved examples, which I think is a very useful kit to try to better comprehend what has been discussed and then gives confidence to tackle many of the end of chapter problems provided. The book also provides several matlab scripts and also introduces the reader to how to maximise the use a computational Software like MATLAB to enhance solving DSP problems. In general, this is a good book for beginners, It gives you the background and confidence one needs before you move on to more advance and technical issues. There a couple of typos, I believe, but to a careful reader, they are over lookable. In all this is a nice book!!! HAppy reading Summary: Very good book!! Rating: 4 Healthy critique of any book is very essential for any editor or writer, as it improve one's mistakes/ errors, so that in future he improves upon his writing. The writer has taken great pain in binging out this book. And as this is his first endeavour, we expect that he will improve, rectify and further enhance the knowledge of the reader or students with examples and data. Congratulate the writer for his excellent simple and easy way of transferring his thought process into black and white. Through out the book the editor tried to focus on practical examples (like for FIR, he gave a real example about the Baghdad city.. on page 591), so that any reader can easily get through all different type of theorems. This book helps me a lot to understand all difficult theorems easily, all the way I though why it was not earlier with me? I appreciate the writer to pay attention to bring out the reality on the theorems and examples. Although there are some typographical errors, they don't decrease the weight with respect to lot of the positive side of this book, I would like to request the writer to update this typo.. error in his next version. I am really grateful to have such a book! Summary: Worst. Textbook. Ever. Rating: 1 The concept seems simple enough: make an intro-level DSP book that is simple to understand, straight to the point, and filled with examples of almost every conceivable variety. However, this textbook is easily the worst textbook I've ever used. Before I get to the bad points, let me go over the few good points first. Generally, the book is easy to understand and the concepts are presented directly. Proofs are simple and direct, and the language is straight-forward. Nearly every concept has at least one example associated with it, and each chapter includes an exhaustive treatise on applying Matlab to solving the problems in the book. Now, for bad points. This textbook is RIFE WITH ERRORS. It's ridiculous: on average I'd say there is at least one major typographical or math error. The typographical errors come at the worst possible place every time: right in the middle of a critical example. The errors cause the examples to be done WRONG. Additionally, a lot of the concepts and math in the book is just plain WRONG. For example, the section on circular convolution in Chapter 7 doesn't just include the usual typographical errors, the formula they give is as wrong as wrong can get. The example given after the wrong formula they give doesn't even follow the wrong formula, and even then they manage to do the example wrong. I don't understand how this book made it through editing with so many errors getting through. There are so many errors and so many wrong formulas, it makes the book unusable. I feel robbed of my money. If this author took my DSP class, he would have received an F. The editor, too. Furthermore, many critical concepts that you'd think would be in any intro-level DSP book, such as Fast Fourier Transforms, are missing. Who writes a DSP textbook that barely acknowledges FFTs even exist? Avoid this book like the plague until at least the 3rd or 4th edition. The publisher doesn't include an errata packet, because the packet would be longer than the textbook itself. I could write a better DSP textbook and I'm an undergrad. Overall a very disappointing title.
Discrete Systems and Digital Signal Processing with MATLAB (Electrical Engineering Textbook Series).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35588
- 2011-10-18Discrete Systems and Digital Signal Processing with MATLAB (Electrical Engineering Textbook Series)
- 2011-08-02Discrete Systems and Digital Signal Processing with MATLAB (Electrical Engineering Textbook Series)
- 2019-03-20Discrete Systems and Digital Signal Processing with MATLAB, Second Edition
- 2012-09-15Discrete Systems and Digital Signal Processing with MATLAB [Repost]
- 2009-01-09Discrete Systems and Digital Signal Processing with MATLAB
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Signals, Systems, Transforms, and Digital Signal Processing with MATLAB
- 2013-03-11Signals, Systems, Transforms, and Digital Signal Processing with MATLAB (repost) - Removed
- 2012-08-08Signals, Systems, Transforms, and Digital Signal Processing with MATLAB [Repost] - Removed
- 2011-10-18Signals, Systems, Transforms, and Digital Signal Processing with MATLAB - Removed
- 2011-10-13Signals, Systems, Transforms, and Digital Signal Processing with MATLAB (Repost) - Removed
- 2011-10-02Signals Systems Transforms and Digital Signal Processing with MATLAB - Removed
- 2011-09-25Signals, Systems, Transforms, and Digital Signal Processing with MATLAB (Repost) - Removed
- 2011-09-20Signals, Systems, Transforms, and Digital Signal Processing with MATLAB - Removed
- 2011-09-20Signals, Systems, Transforms, and Digital Signal Processing with MATLAB - Removed
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Digital Signal Processing with Matlab Examples, Volume 2: Decomposition, Recovery, Data-Based Actions (Signals and Communication Technology) - Removed
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Digital Signal Processing with Matlab Examples, Volume 1: Signals and Data, Filtering, Non-stationary Signals, Modulation (Signals and Communication Technology) - Removed
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Digital Signal Processing with Matlab Examples, Volume 3: Model-Based Actions and Sparse Representation (Signals and Communication Technology) - Removed
- 2018-08-26Understanding Digital Signal Processing with MATLAB and Solutions
- 2018-08-21Understanding Digital Signal Processing with MATLAB and Solutions
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.