Posted on 2017-11-30, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Malin Wahlberg | Publisher: Univ Of Minnesota Press | Category: Photography | Language: English | Page: 192 | ISBN: 0816649685 | ISBN13: 9780816649686 |
Description: Finding the theoretical space where cinema and philosophy meet, Malin Wahlbergs sophisticated approach to the experience of documentary film aligns with attempts to reconsider the premises of existential phenomenology. The configuration of time is crucial in organizing the sensory affects of film in general but, as Wahlberg adroitly demonstrates, in nonfiction films the problem of managing time is writ large by the moving images interaction with social memory and historical figures. Wahlberg discusses a thought-provoking corpus of classical and recent experiments in film and video (including Andy Warhols films) in which creative approaches to the time of the image and the potential archive memory of filmic representation illuminates meanings of temporality and time experience. She also offers a methodological account of film and brings Deleuze and Ricoeur into dialogue with Bazin and Mitry on the subject of cinema and phenomenology. Drawing attention to the cultural significance of the images imprint as a trace of the past, Documentary Time brings to bear phenomenological inquiry on nonfiction film while at the same time reconsidering the existential dimensions of time that have always puzzled humans. Malin Wahlberg is a research fellow in cinema studies at Stockholm University.
Documentary Time: Film and Phenomenology (Visible Evidence).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33927
- 2011-09-15Documentary Time: Film and Phenomenology
- 2010-02-09Documentary Time: Film and Phenomenology
- 2008-12-14Documentary Time Film And Phenomenology Jan 2008 eBook-ELOHiM
- 2008-12-06Documentary Time: Film and Phenomenology
- 2017-11-30[PDF] Ferocious Reality: Documentary according to Werner Herzog (Visible Evidence)
- 2017-11-20[PDF] American Ethnographic Film and Personal Documentary: The Cambridge Turn
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Real-Time Systems and Programming Languages: Ada, Real-Time Java and C/Real-Time POSIX (4th Edition) (International Computer Science Series)
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Indelible Shadows: Film and the Holocaust
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Astroparticle Physics: Theory and Phenomenology (Atlantis Studies in Astroparticle Physics and Cosmology)
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Animators of Film and Television: Nineteen Artists, Writers, Producers and Others
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Terrence Malick: Film and Philosophy
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Space Time Geometry and Quantum Events
- 2017-12-22[PDF] Contemporary Theatre, Film and Television Riggs
- 2017-12-22[PDF] Contemporary Theatre, Film and Television (Gale)
- 2017-12-10[PDF] Unspeakable Histories: Film and the Experience of Catastrophe (Film and Culture Series)
- 2017-12-03[PDF] Sound for Film and Television
- 2017-12-02[PDF] Watching Rape: Film and Television in Postfeminist Culture
- 2017-12-01[PDF] About Time: Cosmology and Culture at the Twilight of the Big Bang
- 2017-12-01[PDF] Mapping Time, Space and the Body: Indigenous Knowledge and Mathematical Thinking in Brazil
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.