Posted on 2017-11-04, by luongquocchinh.
Author: John C. Tibbetts | Publisher: University Press of Mississippi | Category: Art related | Language: English | Page: 384 | ISBN: 1628460067 | ISBN13: 9781628460063 |
Description: Douglas Fairbanks and the American Century brings to life the most popular movie star of his day, the personification of the Golden Age of Hollywood. At his peak, in the teens and twenties, the swashbuckling adventurer embodied the new American Century of speed, opportunity, and aggressive optimism. The essays and interviews in this volume bring fresh perspectives to his life and work, including analyses of films never before examined. Also published here for the first time in English is a first-hand production account of the making of Fairbanks's last silent film, The Iron Mask. Fairbanks (1883-1939) was the most vivid and strenuous exponent of the American Century, whose dominant mode after 1900 was the mass marketing of a burgeoning democratic optimism, at home and abroad. During those first decades of the twentieth century, his satiric comedy adventures shadow-boxed with the illusions of class and custom. His characters managed to combine the American Easterner's experience and pretension and the Westerner's promise and expansion. As the masculine personification of the Old World aristocrat and the New World self-made mantied to tradition yet emancipated from historyhe constructed a uniquely American aristocrat striding into a new age and sensibility. This is the most complete account yet written of the film career of Douglas Fairbanks, one of the first great stars of the silent American cinema and one of the original United Artists (comprising Fairbanks, Mary Pickford, Charles Chaplin, and D. W. Griffith). John C. Tibbetts and James M. Welsh's text is especially rich in its coverage of the early years of the star's career from 1915 to 1920 and covers in detail several films previously considered lost.
Douglas Fairbanks and the American Century.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33134
- 2016-07-21Douglas Fairbanks and the American Century
- 2018-01-30[PDF] LIFE World War I: The Great War and the American Century
- 2019-05-05White Shoe How a New Breed of Wall Street Lawyers Changed Big Business and the American Century [
- 2019-03-26White Shoe How a New Breed of Wall Street Lawyers Changed Big Business and the American Century [...
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Duke Homestead and the American Tobacco Company (No Series)
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Nathan Boone and the American Frontier (Missouri Biography Series)
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Between Islam and the American Dream: An Immigrant Muslim Community in Post-9/11 America (Routledge Advances in Sociology)
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Barn Quilts and the American Quilt Trail Movement
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Business Ethics and the 21st Century Organization
- 2017-12-10[PDF] Consumer Credit and the American Economy
- 2017-11-27[PDF] Intellectual Life and the American South, 1810-1860: An Abridged Edition of Conjectures of Order
- 2017-11-25[PDF] Leonide Massine and the 20th Century Ballet
- 2017-10-24[PDF] Truth, Justice, and the American Whore
- 2017-04-03LIFE World War I The Great War and the American Century
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Consumer Credit and the American Economy
- 2014-02-13The People's Tycoon: Henry Ford and the American Century
- 2011-11-07Managing Construction and Infrastructure in the 21st Century Bureau of Reclamation
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Selling War in a Media Age: The Presidency and Public Opinion in the American Century (Larkin Series on the American Presidency)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Colossus: Hoover Dam and the Making of the American Century
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.