Posted on 2018-01-28, by luongquocchinh.
Author: David Laderman | Publisher: University of Texas Press | Category: Art related | Language: English | Page: 334 | ISBN: 0292747314 | ISBN13: 9780292747319 |
Description: From the visionary rebellion of Easy Rider to the reinvention of home in The Straight Story, the road movie has emerged as a significant film genre since the late 1960s, able to cut across a wide variety of film styles and contexts. Yet, within the variety, a certain generic core remains constant: the journey as cultural critique, as exploration beyond society and within oneself. This book traces the generic evolution of the road movie with respect to its diverse presentations, emphasising it as an "independent genre" that attempts to incorporate marginality and subversion on many levels. David Laderman begins by identifying the road movie's defining features and by establishing the literary, classical Hollywood, and 1950s highway culture antecedents that formatively influenced it. He then traces the historical and aesthetic evolution of the road movie decade by decade through detailed and lively discussions of key films. Laderman concludes with a look at the European road movie, from the late 1950s auteurs through Godard and Wenders, and at compelling feminist road movies of the 1980s and 1990s.
Driving Visions:Exploring the Road Movie.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35734
- 2013-10-18Driving Visions: Exploring the Road Movie
- 2013-10-14Driving Visions: Exploring the Road Movie (Repost)
- 2010-09-15Driving Visions: Exploring the Road Movie
- 2010-08-01Driving Visions: Exploring the Road Movie
- 2011-12-26The Road to Victory: From Pearl Harbor to Okinawa (Osprey General Military)
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Zwei Pfannen on the road [German]
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Parallel Computing: On the Road to Exascale (Advances in Parallel Computing)
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Revolutionary Ride: On the Road in Search of the Real Iran
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Evolutionary Dynamics: Exploring the Equations of Life
- 2018-01-21[PDF] A Fork In The Road: Tales of Food, Pleasure and Discovery On The Road (Lonely Planet Travel Literature)
- 2018-01-21[PDF] One More for the Road
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Molecular Gastronomy: Exploring the Science of Flavor
- 2018-01-06[PDF] Night Vision: Exploring the Infrared Universe
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Mathematics Education: Exploring the Culture of Learning (Researching Mathematics Learning)
- 2017-12-29[PDF] Grand Canyoneering: Exploring the Rugged Gorges and Secret Slots of the Grand Canyon
- 2017-12-28[PDF] Global Gods: Exploring the Role of Religions in Modern Societies
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Marine Geology: Exploring the New Frontiers of the Ocean (Living Earth)
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Original Skin: Exploring the Marvels of the Human Hide
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.