Posted on 2017-12-11, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Dawn Paley | Category: Non-fiction | Language: English | Page: 225 | ISBN: 1849351937 | ISBN13: 9781849351935 |
Description: Though pillage, profit, and plunder have been a mainstay of war since pre-colonial times, there is little contemporary focus on the role of finance and economics in today's "Drug Wars"—despite the fact that they boost US banks and fill our prisons with poor people. They feed political campaigns, increase the arms trade, and function as long-term fixes to capitalism's woes, cracking open new territories to privatization and foreign direct investment. Combining on-the-ground reporting with extensive research, Dawn Paley moves beyond the usual horror stories, beyond journalistic rubbernecking and hand-wringing, to follow the thread of the Drug War story throughout the entire region of Latin America and all the way back to US boardrooms and political offices. This unprecedented book chronicles how terror is used against the population at large in cities and rural areas, generating panic and facilitating policy changes that benefit the international private sector, particularly extractive industries like petroleum and mining. This is what is really going on. This is drug war capitalism. Dawn Paley is a freelance journalist who has been reporting from South America, Central America, and Mexico for over ten years. Her writing has been published in the Nation, the Guardian, Vancouver Sun, Globe and Mail, Ms. magazine, the Tyee, Georgia Straight, and NACLA, among others.
Drug War Capitalism.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34293
- 2018-11-15Drug War Capitalism
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Drug War Mexico: Politics, Neoliberalism and Violence in the New Narcoeconomy
- 2017-10-03[PDF] Drug War Against America
- 2018-01-26[PDF] How the Drug War Ruins American Lives
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Powderburns: Cocaine, Contras & the Drug War
- 2017-12-15[PDF] C.I.A. Cocaine in America?: A Veteran of the C.I.A. Drug War Tells All
- 2017-10-30[PDF] Applying Rawls in the Twenty-First Century: Race, Gender, the Drug War, and the Right to Die
- 2017-10-28[PDF] Dying for the Truth: Undercover Inside the Mexican Drug War by the Fugitive Reporters of Blog del Narco
- 2017-10-19[PDF] American War Machine: Deep Politics, the CIA Global Drug Connection, and the Road to Afghanistan (War and Peace Library)
- 2018-07-31A Narco History: How the United States and Mexico Jointly Created the "Mexican Drug War"
- 2018-02-02[PDF] World War II Partisan Warfare in Italy (Elite)
- 2018-02-02[PDF] Drug Design: Structure- and Ligand-Based Approaches
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The War That Used Up Words: American Writers and the First World War
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Drug Delivery Across Physiological Barriers
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Drug Products for Clinical Trials: An International Guide to Formulation-Production-Quality Control (Drugs and the Pharmaceutical Sciences)
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Japanese War Criminals: The Politics of Justice After the Second World War
- 2018-01-30[PDF] World War II: Desert War
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Selling War in a Media Age: The Presidency and Public Opinion in the American Century (Larkin Series on the American Presidency)
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Post-War Italian Cinema: American Intervention, Vatican Interests (Routledge Advances in Film Studies) [Italian]
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.