Posted on 2018-01-26, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Jennifer Dawn Farley | Publisher: Arcadia Publishing | Category: Non-fiction | Language: English | Page: 144 | ISBN: 0738599417 | ISBN13: 9780738599410 |
Description: Shaped by the Duke familys influence and the production of bright leaf tobacco, Durham, North Carolina, over time, has transformed from the Bull City to the City of Medicine. Duke Homestead and the American Tobacco Company showcases the effect of both tobacco and the Duke family in Durham. The Duke familys fortunes grew alongside those of the city as they rose from tobacco farmers to founders of the American Tobacco Company and influential philanthropists. Duke University, Duke Hospital, and Duke Energy as well as local churches, orphanages, textile mills, banks, and railroads can all trace their roots to the Duke family. The American Tobacco Company was the largest tobacco manufacturer in the world as well as one of the 12 founding members of the Dow Jones Industrial Average. From its founding in 1890, the American Tobacco Company was a major employer in the area, bringing income and a higher quality of life to those employed there, regardless of race or gender.
Duke Homestead and the American Tobacco Company (No Series).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35688
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Nathan Boone and the American Frontier (Missouri Biography Series)
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Between Islam and the American Dream: An Immigrant Muslim Community in Post-9/11 America (Routledge Advances in Sociology)
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Barn Quilts and the American Quilt Trail Movement
- 2017-12-10[PDF] Consumer Credit and the American Economy
- 2017-11-28[PDF] Crater Trueblood and the Lunar Rescue Company (A Helium-3 Novel)
- 2017-11-27[PDF] Intellectual Life and the American South, 1810-1860: An Abridged Edition of Conjectures of Order
- 2017-11-04[PDF] Douglas Fairbanks and the American Century
- 2017-10-24[PDF] Truth, Justice, and the American Whore
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Consumer Credit and the American Economy
- 2011-12-29Italy and the European Union (Brookings-Sspa Series on Public Administration)
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Religious Experience and the End of Metaphysics (Indiana Series in the Philosophy of Religion)
- 2017-11-13[PDF] Average Joe and the Extraordinaires (An Average Joe Series) (Volume 1)
- 2017-10-29[PDF] Monetary Policy and the Oil Market (ADB Institute Series on Development Economics)
- 2017-10-05[PDF] Feminism, Sexuality, and the Return of Religion (Indiana Series in the Philosophy of Religion)
- 2017-10-05[PDF] Desistance Transitions and the Impact of Probation (International Series on Desistance and Rehabilitation)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Desistance Transitions and the Impact of Probation (International Series on Desistance and Rehabilitation)
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Feminism, Sexuality, and the Return of Religion (Indiana Series in the Philosophy of Religion)
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Religious Experience and the End of Metaphysics (Indiana Series in the Philosophy of Religion)
- 2011-12-27American Indian Politics and the American Political System (Spectrum Series: Race and Ethnicity in National and Global Politics)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.