Posted on 2017-04-07, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Lawrence B. Lindsey | Publisher: Aei Press | Category: Economy | Language: English | Page: 215 | ISBN: 0844740810 | ISBN13: 9780844740812 |
Description: An insider's perspective on the bureaucratic structure of governmental institutions that shape economic policy, and the incentives and limitations of the individuals who head them. Despite the title, there are no puppetmasters in Lindsey's view, and the interviews with such figures as Alan Greenspan, Helmut Kohl and George Soros seems more concerned with describing describing the office furniture than the subjects' deep thoughts. Lindsey, a former governor of the Federal Reserve Board, offers a detailed snapshot of the world economy in the autumn of 1998. Its strength is its breadth as Lindsey moves seamlessly back and forth in time, from theory to practice and into every part of the economically developed world. Its weakness is sloppy writing, repetitiveness and an uncritical enthusiasm for the existing shape of the free market. Instead of simply stating that democratic political institutions created undemocratic economic institutions, Lindsey writes: "As a result, each role was demanded by, or at least had its continued existence sanctioned by, the democratic institutions of their respective countries, even though, in many respects, the role being demanded had undemocratic aspects." In the end, this is a partisan work that lays groundwork for a Republican economic platform and rises to the defense of Republicans from Herbert Hoover to Ronald Reagan while offering approving explanations of Milton Friedman-style supply-side economics.
Economic Puppetmasters: Lessons From the Halls of Power.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 31357
- 2010-02-06Economic Puppetmasters - Lessons from the Halls of Power
- 2008-04-22Economic Puppetmasters : Lessons From the Halls of Power
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Brand Fans: Lessons from the World's Greatest Sporting Brands - Removed
- 2017-12-19[PDF] Bee Time: Lessons from the Hive
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Rommel: Leadership Lessons from the Desert Fox
- 2017-12-14[PDF] Design Star: Lessons from the New York School of Flower Design
- 2017-11-23[PDF] Secret Tactics: Lessons from the Great Masters of Martial Arts
- 2017-11-23[PDF] 200 Love Lessons from the Movies: Staying Moonstruck for Life
- 2017-11-21[PDF] Nuclear Zero?: Lessons from the Last Time We Were There
- 2017-10-19[PDF] Inviting Disaster: Lessons From the Edge of Technology
- 2017-10-10[PDF] Sexier Sex: Lessons from the Brave New Sexual Frontier
- 2017-04-13[PDF] Dirty Inspirations: Lessons from the Trenches of Extreme Endurance Sports
- 2017-01-12[PDF] Rommel: Leadership Lessons from the Desert Fox
- 2018-01-29[PDF] The Cyprus Bail-in: Policy Lessons from the Cyprus Economic Crisis
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Vocational Education and Training in Times of Economic Crisis: Lessons from Around the World (Technical and Vocational Education and Training: Issues, Concerns and Prospects)
- 2018-08-17Economic Growth in Small Open Economies: Lessons from the Visegrad Countries
- 2018-07-06Economic Growth in Small Open Economies Lessons from the Visegrad Countries
- 2018-06-30Economic Growth in Small Open Economies: Lessons from the Visegrad Countries
- 2018-05-31Global Lessons from the AIDS Pandemic Economic, Financial, Legal and Political Implications
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.