Posted on 2017-10-28, by luongquocchinh.
Author: M.M. Austin | Publisher: Batsford Ltd | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 412 | ISBN: 0713402652 | ISBN13: 9780713402650 |
Description: This book is an English version of the book origin ally published in French under the title of Economies et so cietes en Crece ancienne (P aris, Armand Colin, Collection U 2, 1972 2nd edition, 1973 ). The opportunity has been taken to correct some errors, update bi bliographical ref erences, add a few passages to the selection of ancient sources in Part 2 (nos 41, 46, 99, 102, 13 1), and impr ove the material presentation in several respects. But otherwise this rema ins substantia lly the same book as the original French version . The book is ai med in the first place at an undergraduate audience, though it is hoped that it will also be of interest to a wider, non-specialist readership interested in the history and civilization of Ancient Greece. It attempts to meet a need well known to all those who have to teach Greek history in universities. Students, long dissatis fied with a purely political approach to Greek history, ask for more 'economic and social' history. One then has to answer - and this book is a very modest attempt at an answer - that neither the 'econo mic' nor the 's ocial' category had in the Greek city the sa me independent status they now enj oy. The book takes its startin g-point in this ambiguity it accepts the challenge, but rejects the formulation of the question. Anyone who has been asked to explain once and for all the role played by slaves in social conflicts in the Greek world will understand what we mean.
Economic and Social History of Ancient Greece: An Introduction.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32861
- 2012-12-08Economic and Social History of Ancient Greece: An Introduction by M. M. Austin and Pierre Vidal-Naquet
- 2018-01-27[PDF] A History of Professional Economists and Policymaking in the United States: Irrelevant genius (Perspectives in Economic and Social History)
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Optoelectronic Devices and Optical Imaging Techniques (Studies in Economic and Social History)
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Housing in Urban Britain, 1780-1914: Class, Capitalism, and Construction (Studies in Economic and Social History)
- 2018-01-02[PDF] The Changing Body: Health, Nutrition, and Human Development in the Western World since 1700 (New Approaches to Economic and Social History)
- 2017-12-12[PDF] The Changing Body: Health, Nutrition, and Human Development in the Western World since 1700 (Cambridge New Approaches to Economic and Social History)
- 2017-12-09[PDF] Female Economic Strategies in the Modern World (Perspectives in Economic and Social History)
- 2017-11-27[PDF] An Economic and Social History of the Ottoman Empire (Economic & Social History of the Ottoman Empire)
- 2017-11-13[PDF] The Economic Development of Japan 1868-1941 (New Studies in Economic and Social History)
- 2017-11-04[PDF] Medieval Suffolk: An Economic and Social History, 1200-1500 (History of Suffolk)
- 2017-10-27[PDF] The World of Carolus Clusius: Natural History in the Making, 1550-1610 (Perspectives in Economic and Social History)
- 2017-04-09[PDF] London Clerical Workers, 1880-1914: Development of the Labour Market (Perspectives in Economic and Social History)
- 2017-02-07[PDF] Housing in Urban Britain, 1780-1914: Class, Capitalism, and Construction (Studies in Economic and Social History)
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Economic and Social Impacts of Food Self-Reliance in the Caribbean - Removed
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Economic and Social Cohesion in Europe: A New Objective (Trans European Policy Studies Association)
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Economic and Social Impact of Liberalization: A Study on Early Harvest Program under China-ASEAN FTA (The Impact of Change in Modern China)
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Economic and Social Rights after the Global Financial Crisis
- 2017-11-28[PDF] Tyranny and Political Culture in Ancient Greece
- 2017-10-25[PDF] Economic Rights of Women in Ancient Greece
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.