Posted on 2017-12-16, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Peter Richmond | Category: Popular science | Language: English | Page: 272 | ISBN: 0199674701 | ISBN13: 9780199674701 |
Description: An understanding of the behaviour of financial assets and the evolution of economies has never been as important as today. This book looks at these complex systems from the perspective of the physicist. So called 'econophysics' and its application to finance has made great strides in recent years. Less emphasis has been placed on the broader subject of macroeconomics and many economics students are still taught traditional neo-classical economics. The reader is given a general primer in statistical physics, probability theory, and use of correlation functions. Much of the mathematics that is developed is frequently no longer included in undergraduate physics courses. The statistical physics of Boltzmann and Gibbs is one of the oldest disciplines within physics and it can be argued that it was first applied to ensembles of molecules as opposed to being applied to social agents only by way of historical accident. The authors argue by analogy that the theory can be applied directly to economic systems comprising assemblies of interacting agents. The necessary tools and mathematics are developed in a clear and concise manner. The body of work, now termed econophysics, is then developed. The authors show where traditional methods break down and show how the probability distributions and correlation functions can be properly understood using high frequency data. Recent work by the physics community on risk and market crashes are discussed together with new work on betting markets as well as studies of speculative peaks that occur in housing markets. The second half of the book continues the empirical approach showing how by analogy with thermodynamics, a self-consistent attack can be made on macroeconomics. This leads naturally to economic production functions being equated to entropy functions - a new concept for economists. Issues relating to non-equilibrium naturally arise during the development and application of this approach to economics. These are discussed in the context of superstatistics and adiabatic processes. As a result it does seem ultimately possible to reconcile the approach with non-equilibrium systems, and the ideas are applied to study income and wealth distributions, which with their power law distribution functions have puzzled many researchers ever since Pareto discovered them over 100 years ago. This book takes a pedagogical approach to these topics and is aimed at final year undergraduate and beginning gradaute or post-graduate students in physics, economics, and business. However, the experienced researcher and quant should also find much of interest.
Econophysics and Physical Economics.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34427
- 2017-01-11[PDF] Econophysics and Physical Economics
- 2011-12-08Recapturing a Future for Space Exploration: Life and Physical Sciences Research for a New Era
- 2018-02-02[PDF] Duality and Modern Economics
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Econophysics and Sociophysics: Recent Progress and Future Directions (New Economic Windows) - Removed
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Neuroscience and the Economics of Decision Making (Routledge Advances in Experimental and Computable Economics)
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Carlyle and the Economics of Terror: A Study of Revisionary Gothicism in The French Revolution [French]
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Econophysics and Companies: Statistical Life and Death in Complex Business Networks
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Web and Internet Economics: 12th International Conference, WINE 2016, Montreal, Canada, December 11-14, 2016, Proceedings (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Metrology and Physical Mechanisms in New Generation Ionic Devices (Springer Theses)
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Chemical and Physical Behavior of Human Hair - Removed
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Reading and Understanding Economics
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Chemical and Physical Signatures for Microbial Forensics (Infectious Disease) - Removed
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Sport and Physical Education: The Key Concepts (Routledge Key Guides)
- 2017-12-23[PDF] Mathematical and Physical Aspects of Stochastic Mechanics (Lecture Notes in Physics)
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Mathematical and Physical Simulation of the Properties of Hot Rolled Products
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Structural and Physical Aspects of Civil Engineering (Advanced Materials Research)
- 2017-12-15[PDF] Industrial and Labor Economics: Issues in Developing and Transition Countries (India Studies in Business and Economics)
- 2017-12-07[PDF] Econophysics and Data Driven Modelling of Market Dynamics (New Economic Windows) - Removed
- 2017-12-03[PDF] History and Physical Examination, 10th Edition (Current Clinical Strategies)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.