[PDF] Editing the Bible: Assessing the Task Past and Present (Resources for Biblical Study) (Sbl - Resources for Biblical Study)
Posted on 2017-10-12, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Kloppenborg | Publisher: Society of Biblical Literature | Category: Christianity | Language: English | Page: 238 | ISBN: 1589836480 | ISBN13: 9781589836488 |
Description: The Bible is likely the most-edited book in history, yet the task of editing the Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek texts of the Bible is fraught with difficulties. The dearth of Hebrew manuscripts of the Jewish Scriptures and the substantial differences among those witnesses creates difficulties in determining which text ought to be printed as the text of the Jewish Scriptures. For the New Testament, it is not the dearth of manuscripts but the overwhelming number of manuscripts almost six thousand Greek manuscripts and many more in other languages that presents challenges for sorting and analyzing such a large, multi-variant data set. This volume, representing experts in the editing of the Hebrew Bible and the New Testament, discusses both current achievements and future challenges in creating modern editions of the biblical texts in their original languages. The contributors are Kristin De Troyer, Peter M. Head, Michael W. Holmes, John S. Kloppenborg, Sarianna Metso, Judith H. Newman, Holger Strutwolf, Eibert Tigchelaar, David Trobisch, Eugene Ulrich, John Van Seters, Klaus Wachtel, and Ryan Wettlaufer.
Editing the Bible: Assessing the Task Past and Present (Resources for Biblical Study) (Sbl - Resources for Biblical Study).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32313
- 2017-12-31[PDF] The New York Times Book of New York: Stories of the People, the Streets, and the Life of the City Past and Present
- 2017-10-23[PDF] Crime and Law in England, 1750-1840: Remaking Justice from the Margins (Past and Present Publications)
- 2017-10-13[PDF] A Brief History of Tomorrow: The Future Past and Present
- 2017-12-02[PDF] Sedulius, the Paschal Song and Hymns (Society of Biblical Literature: Writings from the Greco-Roman World) (Society of Biblical Literature (Numbered))
- 2014-04-10The New York Times Book of New York: Stories of the People, the Streets, and the Life of the City Past and Present
- 2014-03-06The Ordinary Acrobat: A Journey into the Wondrous World of the Circus, Past and Present
- 2012-08-02Crime and Law in England, 1750-1840: Remaking Justice from the Margins (Past and Present Publications) by Peter King
- 2010-01-19The Book of the Goddess Past and Present: An Introduction to Her Religion
- 2009-12-17Crime and Law in England, 1750-1840: Remaking Justice from the Margins (Past and Present Publications)
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Shadows of Revolution: Reflections on France, Past and Present
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Transcending Borders: Abortion in the Past and Present
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Migration Policymaking in Europe: The Dynamics of Actors and Contexts in Past and Present (Amsterdam University Press - IMISCOE Research)
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Dynamics of the Arab-Israel Conflict: Past and Present: Intellectual Odyssey II - Removed
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Mapping the Acehnese Past (Verhandelingen Van Het Koninklijk Instituut Voor Taal-, Land)
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Vagueness (The Problems of Philosophy: Their Past and Present)
- 2018-01-01[PDF] The Last Empty Places: A Past and Present Journey Through the Blank Spots on the American Map
- 2017-12-29[PDF] Deep History: The Architecture of Past and Present
- 2017-12-22[PDF] Connecting Past and Present: Concepts and Models for Service Learning in History (Service Learning in the Disciplines Series)
- 2017-11-29[PDF] Off the Main Lines: A Photographic Odyssey (Railroads Past and Present)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.