Posted on 2018-01-30, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Roger Magnuson | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 240 | ISBN: 0773509070 | ISBN13: 9780773509078 |
Description: The first priority of French missionaries was the conversion of the native population. Education was an important tool in the evangelization campaign because they believed that conversion was best secured when preceded and underscored by religious instruction. As Canada evolved into a French colony the religious orders increasingly turned their attention to the education of the children of French settlers. The period saw the establishment of a number of petites coles (elementary schools), a Jesuit college for boys, and several trade schools. As Magnuson demonstrates, provision for education in the colony declined during the eighteenth century. First, membership in religious orders dwindled, reducing their capacity to serve the educational needs of an expanding population. Second, as the population of the colony grew, with more inhabitants born in Canada than in France, different values and priorities developed. The written word, notes Magnuson, held less attraction for the Canadian, who preferred the active life of the frontier.
Education in New France.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35805
- 2017-11-07[PDF] Writing a New France, 1604-1632: Empire and Early Modern French Identity (Transculturalisms, 1400-1700)
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Queenship in Medieval France, 1300-1500 (The New Middle Ages) - Removed
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Shaping a New Educational Landscape: Exploring possibilities for education in the 21st century
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Duty to the Crown (Daughters of New France)
- 2017-12-28[PDF] Between France and New France: Life Aboard the Tall Sailing Ships
- 2017-12-22[PDF] Lost Generation?: New strategies for youth and education
- 2017-11-29[PDF] Beyond Auteurism: New Directions in Authorial Film Practices in France, Italy and Spain since the 1980s
- 2017-11-28[PDF] Fixing College Education: A New Curriculum for the Twenty-first Century
- 2017-11-08[PDF] African-Centred Management Education: A New Paradigm for an Emerging Continent
- 2017-10-27[PDF] Education, Religion and Diversity: Developing a new model of religious education
- 2017-10-26[PDF] Joinedup History: New Directions in History Education Research (International Review of History Education)
- 2017-10-25[PDF] The Great Nation: France from Louis XV to Napoleon (New Penguin History of France)
- 2017-10-14[PDF] Curriculum: Toward New Identities (Critical Education Practice)
- 2017-10-13[PDF] Encore Provence: New Adventures in the South of France
- 2017-10-11[PDF] Education (Field Guides to Finding a New Career (Hardcover))
- 2017-10-09[PDF] Techno-Resiliency in Education: A New Approach For Understanding Technology In Education - Removed
- 2017-10-08[PDF] Promised to the Crown (Daughters of New France)
- 2017-01-09[PDF] The Great Nation: France from Louis XV to Napoleon (New Penguin History of France)
- 2019-01-24Theories of Mathematics Education Seeking New Frontiers - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.