[PDF] Electricity and Magnetism: An Introduction to the Theory of Electric and Magnetic Fields, 2nd edition
Posted on 2017-10-06, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Oleg D. Jefimenko | Publisher: Electret Scientific | Category: Electrical Engineering | Language: English | ISBN: 0917406087 | ISBN13: 9780917406089 |
Description: This textbook of electromagnetic theory, written for an advanced undergraduate course, is characterized by its pedagogical excellence and by an abundance of novel material, problems, and illustrative examples based on the author's original research and on his contributions to Maxwell's theory of electric and magnetic phenomena. Among the many unique and novel features of the book are: author's solutions of Maxwell's equations (now referred to in the scientific literature as the "Jefimenko's equations"), a comprehensive treatment of vector-analytical operations involving retarded field integrals, a detailed discussion of electric fields outside current-carrying conductors, spectacular line-of-force photographs of electric fields inside and outside current-carrying media, calculations of electric and magnetic fields from charge and current inhomogeneities, a remarkably simple derivation of Maxwell's stress integrals, the "thin shell" atomic model, Minkowski's equations for moving media, electromagnetic effects affecting space crafts moving through interplanetary or interstellar magnetic fields, a detailed analysis of Poynting's energy flux in and out a cylindrical conduit, the method of "equivalent currents," etc., etc. The presentation is clear, logical, thorough and thought-provoking. Employing the time-independent Maxwell's equations as the starting point, the theory is developed from the beginning on the basis of the Faraday-Maxwell concept of electric and magnetic fields. A generalization to the time-dependent Maxwell's equations is effortless and lucid. Vector analysis is introduced early in a self-contained chapter and is then used throughout the text as a standard mathematical tool. The exposition is purposeful and efficient. Careful distinction is made between the definitions, laws and consequences. The range of validity and the limitations of applicability of all the electric and magnetic laws are clearly stated. The book is written for the student and is designed to encourage a creative application of electromagnetic theory. For this purpose numerous carefully selected illustrative examples have been incorporated in the text and an excellent collection of problems has been supplied with each chapter. The format of the book is designed for easy readability. The book is set in the famous British Baskerville typeface, which is one of the most readable typefaces in existence. The format is further enhanced by numerous meticulously executed air-brush drawings. The book is printed on acid-free Fortune Matte paper and is bound in high grade "artificial leather" cloth. The book contains 598 pages of main text in 16 chapters, 544 problems, 243 illustrative examples, 249 figures, 12 plates of lines-of-force photographs and 10 tables. The DUST JACKET is no longer available, and is therefore not included.
Electricity and Magnetism: An Introduction to the Theory of Electric and Magnetic Fields, 2nd edition.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32123
- 2017-10-24[PDF] Becoming a Translator: An Introduction to the Theory and Practice of Translation
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Becoming a Translator: An Introduction to the Theory and Practice of Translation
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Classical Mechanics: Including an Introduction to the Theory of Elasticity (Undergraduate Lecture Notes in Physics) - Removed
- 2017-10-23[PDF] Electricity and Electronics Fundamentals, Second Edition
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Upgrading and Repairing Laptops, 2nd Edition
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Play and Learn French , 2nd Edition
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Instant and Rapid Inductions 2nd edition
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Cattle and Sheep Medicine, 2nd Edition: Self-Assessment Color Review (Veterinary Self-Assessment Color Review Series)
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 2nd Edition
- 2017-12-17[PDF] Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, 2nd edition (Medical Masterclass)
- 2017-12-14[PDF] Cardiology and Respiratory Medicine, 2nd edition (Medical Masterclass)
- 2017-12-10[PDF] Nutrition and Bone Health, 2nd edition
- 2017-12-03[PDF] Personality and Individual Differences, 2nd edition
- 2017-11-13[PDF] Field and Wave Electromagnetics (2nd Edition)
- 2017-11-12[PDF] Linear and Nonlinear Optimization, 2nd edition
- 2017-10-07[PDF] Waves and Compressible Flow (2nd edition)
- 2017-10-07[PDF] Read and Think Spanish, 2nd Edition (Read & Think)
- 2017-10-05[PDF] Turbulence and Magnetic Fields in Astrophysics (Lecture Notes in Physics)
- 2017-01-11[PDF] Field and Wave Electromagnetics (2nd Edition)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.