Posted on 2018-01-22, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Max Fink | Publisher: Oxford University Press | Category: Medicine | Language: English | Page: 176 | ISBN: 0195365747 | ISBN13: 9780195365740 |
Description: Electroconvulsive therapy (E.C.T.), despite its controversial history, may well represent the only viable treatment for severe psychiatric illness in those for whom medication is not an option. In Electronconvulsive Therapy, Dr. Max Fink draws on over 50 years of clinical experience to describe this safe, painless, and often life-saving treatment. Extensively revised and restructured since its original publication a decade ago, the book provides readers with a detailed explanation of the E.C.T. procedure, helping them to better understand and prepare for treatment. Discussions of the mechanisms of actions have been updated and sections have been added on the use of E.C.T. in pediatric populations and to treat movement disorders such as Parkinsons. Case studies of E.C.T. patients illustrate its often dramatic success in relieving depression, mania, catatonia, and psychosis. Clarifying the many misconceptions surrounding the treatment, Dr. Fink reveals how anesthesia and muscle relaxation techniques reduce discomfort and risks to levels lower than those associated with psychiatric drugs. He then provides a historical perspective of the treatment, from the discovery of E.C.T. and its widespread use beginning in the 1930s, to the 1950s when it was replaced by psychotropic drugs, to its revival in the last 30 years as a viable psychiatric treatment. Dr. Fink concludes with a straightforward discussion of the ethical issues surrounding E.C.T. use, and on its similarities to and differences from other modern brain stimulation techniques. The classic text on the subject, written by a renowned researcher and physician, Electroconvulsive Therapy is an excellent resource for patients, their families, and mental health professionals.
Electroshock: Healing Mental Illness.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35550
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Sleep and Mental Illness
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Biomarkers and Mental Illness: It's Not All in the Mind - Removed
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Living Outside Mental Illness: Qualitative Studies of Recovery in Schizophrenia (Qualitative Studies in Psychology)
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Creativity and Mental Illness
- 2017-10-26[PDF] What Is Mental Illness?
- 2017-10-07[PDF] Neurobiology of Mental Illness (4th edition)
- 2017-01-11[PDF] Neurobiology of Mental Illness (4th edition)
- 2019-07-25* (Admirable) - Why You Should Read Insane: America's Criminal Treatment of Mental Illness by Alisa Roth Online or Download [*MOBI *PDF *EPUB]
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Caribbean Healing Traditions: Implications for Health and Mental Health
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Severe Mental Illness in Primary Care: A Companion Guide for Counsellors, Psychotherapists and Other Professionals
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Reducing the Stigma of Mental Illness: A Report from a Global Association
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Planos Spirits: The Cause & Cure Of Mental Illness
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Psychiatric Hegemony: A Marxist Theory of Mental Illness - Removed
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Infants of Parents with Mental Illness: Developmental, Clinical, Cultural, and Personal Perspectives
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Healing Incurable Illness
- 2018-01-06[PDF] Brave New Brain: Conquering Mental Illness in the Era of the Genome
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Challenging the Stigma of Mental Illness: Lessons for Therapists and Advocates
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Doctoring the Mind: Is Our Current Treatment of Mental Illness Really Any Good?
- 2018-01-02[PDF] The Neuropsychology of Mental Illness (Cambridge Medicine)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.