Posted on 2017-11-28, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Karen Barkey | Publisher: Cambridge University Press | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 360 | ISBN: 0521715334 | ISBN13: 9780521715331 |
Description: This book is a comparative study of imperial organization and longevity that assesses Ottoman successes as well as failures against those of other empires with similar characteristics. Barkey examines the Ottoman Empire's social organization and mechanisms of rule at key moments of its history, emergence, imperial institutionalization, remodeling, and transition to nation-state, revealing how the empire managed these moments, adapted, and averted crises and what changes made it transform dramatically. The flexible techniques by which the Ottomans maintained their legitimacy, the cooperation of their diverse elites both at the center and in the provinces, as well as their control over economic and human resources were responsible for the longevity of this particular "negotiated empire" Her analysis illuminates topics that include imperial governance, imperial institutions, imperial diversity and multiculturalism, the manner in which dissent is handled and/or internalized, and the nature of state society negotiations.
Empire of Difference: The Ottomans in Comparative Perspective.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33871
- 2009-01-18Empire of Difference: The Ottomans in Comparative Perspective by Karen Barkey
- 2018-01-07[PDF] Summits & Regional Governance: The Americas in Comparative Perspective (Global Institutions)
- 2018-01-16[PDF] The Rise and Decline of the American 'Empire': Power and its Limits in Comparative Perspective
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Make a Difference: The Ultimate Volunteer Handbook
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Empire and Revolution: The Political Life of Edmund Burke
- 2018-01-07[PDF] Empire of Deception: The Incredible Story of a Master Swindler Who Seduced a City and Captivated the Nation
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Empire of Dreams: The Science Fiction and Fantasy Films of Steven Spielberg
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Holocaust Denial and the Law: A Comparative Study
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Empire of Honour: The Art of Government in the Roman World (Hansard Society Series in Politics)
- 2017-12-19[PDF] Empire Under Siege: The Adarna Chronicles
- 2017-12-15[PDF] Empire of Alexander the Great (Great Empires of the Past)
- 2017-11-24[PDF] Empire Films and the Crisis of Colonialism, 1946-1959
- 2017-11-15[PDF] Empire of Tea: The Asian Leaf that Conquered the World
- 2017-10-27[PDF] Empire and Revolution: The Americans in Mexico since the Civil War
- 2017-10-24[PDF] TTC Video - How the World Learns: Comparative Educational Systems
- 2017-10-21[PDF] Empire of Chance: The Napoleonic Wars and the Disorder of Things
- 2017-10-16[PDF] French Encounters with the Ottomans, 1510-1560 (Transculturalisms, 1400-1700) [French]
- 2017-10-16[PDF] Principles for governing the Internet: a comparative analysis
- 2017-10-12[PDF] Empire of Mud: The Secret History of Washington, DC
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.