Posted on 2017-10-16, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Jane Burbank | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 528 | ISBN: 0691127085 | ISBN13: 9780691127088 |
Description: Empiresâ€“vast states of territories and peoples united by force and ambitionâ€“have dominated the political landscape for more than two millennia. Empires in World History departs from conventional European and nation-centered perspectives to take a remarkable look at how empires relied on diversity to shape the global order. Beginning with ancient Rome and China and continuing across Asia, Europe, the Americas, and Africa, Jane Burbank and Frederick Cooper examine empires' conquests, rivalries, and strategies of dominationâ€“with an emphasis on how empires accommodated, created, and manipulated differences among populations. Burbank and Cooper examine Rome and China from the third century BCE, empires that sustained state power for centuries. They delve into the militant monotheism of Byzantium, the Islamic Caliphates, and the short-lived Carolingians, as well as the pragmatically tolerant rule of the Mongols and Ottomans, who combined religious protection with the politics of loyalty. Burbank and Cooper discuss the influence of empire on capitalism and popular sovereignty, the limitations and instability of Europe's colonial projects, Russia's repertoire of exploitation and differentiation, as well as the "empire of liberty"â€“devised by American revolutionaries and later extended across a continent and beyond. With its investigation into the relationship between diversity and imperial states, Empires in World History offers a fresh approach to understanding the impact of empires on the past and present.
Empires in World History: Power and the Politics of Difference.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32427
- 2017-11-25[PDF] Weapon of Denial: Air Power and the Battle for New Guinea (U.S. Army Air Forces in World War II)
- 2017-01-09[PDF] Weapon of Denial: Air Power and the Battle for New Guinea (U.S. Army Air Forces in World War II)
- 2018-01-09[PDF] An American Utopia: Dual Power and the Universal Army
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Anti-Veiling Campaigns in the Muslim World: Gender, Modernism and the Politics of Dress (Durham Modern Middle East and Islamic World Series)
- 2017-12-26[PDF] A Jewish Kapo in Auschwitz: History, Memory, and the Politics of Survival (The Schusterman Series in Israel Studies)
- 2017-12-08[PDF] Islam, Orientalism and Intellectual History: Modernity and the Politics of Exclusion since Ibn Khaldun (Library of Middle East History)
- 2017-12-04[PDF] Allies in Memory: World War II and the Politics ofTransatlantic Commemoration, c.1941-2001
- 2017-11-21[PDF] Storm Over Iraq: Air Power and the Gulf War
- 2017-11-08[PDF] Travels with Tooy: History, Memory, and the African American Imagination
- 2017-10-20[PDF] Fashioning Africa: Power and the Politics of Dress (African Expressive Cultures)
- 2017-10-07[PDF] Empires of Food: Feast, Famine, and the Rise and Fall of Civilizations
- 2017-10-03[PDF] Poor States, Power and the Politics of IMF Reform: Drivers of Change in the Post Washington Consensus (International Political Economy Series) - Removed
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Anti-Veiling Campaigns in the Muslim World: Gender, Modernism and the Politics of Dress (Durham Modern Middle East and Islamic World Series)
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Fashioning Africa: Power and the Politics of Dress (African Expressive Cultures)
- 2017-01-12[PDF] Travels with Tooy: History, Memory, and the African American Imagination
- 2019-02-24Poor States, Power and the Politics of IMF Reform
- 2019-01-30Poor States, Power and the Politics of IMF Reform
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Rites of Return: Diaspora Poetics and the Politics of Memory (Gender and Culture Series) - Removed
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Barbed Wire Diplomacy: Britain, Germany, and the Politics of Prisoners of War, 1939-1945
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.