Posted on 2018-01-28, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Ethno-Architecture and the Politics of Migration | Category: Architecture | Language: English | Page: 260 | ISBN: 1138828718 | ISBN13: 9781138828711 |
Description: Ethno-Architecture and the Politics of Migration explores the interface between migration and architecture. Cities have been substantially affected by transnational migration but the physical manifestations of migration in architecture and its effect on streetscape, neighbourhood and city have so far been understudied. This contributed volume examines how migrants interact with, adapt, and construct new architecture. Looking at the physical, urban and cultural impact of these changes on a variety of sites, the authors explore architecture as an identity category and investigate what buildings and places associated with migration tell us about central questions of belonging, culture, community, and home in regions such as North America, Australia and the UK. An important contribution to debates on place identity and the transformation of places as a result of mobility and globalised economies in the 21st century.
Ethno-Architecture and the Politics of Migration (Architext).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35754
- 2017-03-25Ethno-Architecture and the Politics of Migration
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Feminist Aesthetics and the Politics of Modernism (Columbia Themes in Philosophy, Social Criticism, and the Arts)
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Cities, Business, and the Politics of Urban Violence in Latin America
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Gendered Citizenship and the Politics of Representation (Citizenship, Gender and Diversity) - Removed
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Thomas Hobbes and the Politics of Natural Philosophy
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Domestic Architecture and the Use of Space: An Interdisciplinary Cross-Cultural Study (New Directions in Archaeology)
- 2017-12-10[PDF] Music, Cosmology, and the Politics of Harmony in Early China (S U N Y Series in Chinese Philosophy and Culture)
- 2017-12-07[PDF] Modern Architecture and the Mediterranean: Vernacular Dialogues and Contested Identities
- 2017-12-02[PDF] Emmanuel Levinas and the Politics of Non-Violence
- 2017-12-02[PDF] Hannah Arendt and the Politics of Friendship
- 2017-11-23[PDF] Context: Architecture and the Genius of Place (Architectural Design Primer)
- 2017-11-20[PDF] Music Video and the Politics of Representation (Music and the Moving Image EUP)
- 2017-11-18[PDF] Alfred Valdmanis and the Politics of Survival
- 2017-11-17[PDF] Classical Antiquity and the Politics of America: From George Washington to George W. Bush
- 2017-11-14[PDF] Central Greece and the Politics of Power in the Fourth Century BC
- 2017-11-13[PDF] Drug Policies and the Politics of Drugs in the Americas - Removed
- 2017-11-10[PDF] Bourgeois Liberty and the Politics of Fear: From Absolutism to Neo-Conservatism
- 2017-11-08[PDF] Digital Cultures and the Politics of Emotion: Feelings, Affect and Technological Change - Removed
- 2017-11-07[PDF] Social Security and the Politics of Deservingness
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.