[PDF] European Cartographers and the Ottoman World, 1500-1750: Maps from the Collection of O.j. Sopranos (Oriental Institute Museum Publications)
Posted on 2017-12-25, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Ian Manners | Publisher: Oriental Inst Pubns Sales | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 144 | ISBN: 1885923538 | ISBN13: 9781885923530 |
Description: This lavishly illustrated catalogue of the exhibition European Cartographers and the Ottoman World, 1500-1750, explores how mapmakers sought to document a new geography of the Near East that reconciled classical ideas and theories with the information collected and brought back by travelers and voyagers. The text is accompanied by images of illuminated manuscript charts and atlases, the earliest printed maps of the Ottoman Empire, and bird's-eye views of cities that provided "arm-chair travelers" with the experience of knowing distant places.
European Cartographers and the Ottoman World, 1500-1750: Maps from the Collection of O.j. Sopranos (Oriental Institute Museum Publications).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34708
- 2011-07-20Visible Language: Inventions of Writing in the Ancient Middle East and Beyond (Oriental Institute Museum Publications)
- 2017-10-09[PDF] European Identity and the Second World War - Removed
- 2017-01-12[PDF] European Identity and the Second World War
- 2018-01-27[PDF] European Consensus and the Legitimacy of the European Court of Human Rights
- 2017-10-11[PDF] European Union and the Deconstruction of the Rhineland Frontier
- 2017-04-02[PDF] European Integration and the Communist Dilemma: Communist Party Responses to Europe in Greece, Cyprus and Italy
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Courtesans, Concubines, and the Cult of Female Fidelity (Harvard-Yenching Institute Monograph Series)
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Before the Pyramids: The Origins of Egyptian Civilization (Oriental Institute Museum Publications (Paperback))
- 2010-10-21Visible Language: Inventions of Writing in the Ancient Middle East and Beyond (Oriental Institute Museum Publications)
- 2017-12-25[PDF] The World and the West: The European Challenge and the Overseas Response in the Age of Empire
- 2011-12-29Italy and the European Union (Brookings-Sspa Series on Public Administration)
- 2011-11-07From Chicaza to Chickasaw: The European Invasion and the Transformation of the Mississippian World, 1540-1715 - Removed
- 2011-09-05Italy and the European Union
- 2018-02-01[PDF] American Writers and the Approach of World War II, 1935-1941: A Literary History
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Unlikely Partners?: China, the European Union and the Forging of a Strategic Partnership
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Symmetries, Asymmetries, and the World of Particles (Geo. S. Long Publication Series)
- 2018-01-30[PDF] North Korea and the World: Human Rights, Arms Control, and Strategies for Negotiation (Asia in the New Millennium)
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Between Heaven and the Real World: My Story
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.