Posted on 2017-11-20, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Leonardo Parri | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 1 | ISBN: 8849841256 |
Description: A natural or social phenomenon is explained when one presents its description (what?), finds the laws which account for its causes (why?) and provides the micro-level mechanisms underpinning its occurrence (how?). Usually, social sciences explain thanks to theoretical models which are later on logically discussed and empirically tested. Phenomena like strikes, charities, wars or inflation are accounted for through models which causally connect social variables. However, a complete explanation is reached only if the actions and interactions underpinning the social event are also pointed out. Thus, causal explanations based on variables must be supplemented with intentional explanations based on rational actions aiming at instrumental or value-goals. Eventually, the author illustrates the way history accounts for the events of the past, by means of analytical narrations, where unique occurrences are combined with causal and intentional social scientific explanations. The book, by means of clear arguments and simple reasoning, provides a basic introduction to the above mentioned philosophical and methodological topics. Many empirical examples, tables and figures make the assimilation of the subject-matter easier.
Explanation in the social sciences. A theoretical and empirical introduction.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33621
- 2018-01-06[PDF] Measurement for the Social Sciences: The C-OAR-SE Method and Why It Must Replace Psychometrics
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Explanation in the Special Sciences: The Case of Biology and History (Synthese Library) - Removed
- 2017-10-17[PDF] Multilevel Network Analysis for the Social Sciences: Theory, Methods and Applications (Methodos Series)
- 2017-10-15[PDF] Reductive Explanation in the Biological Sciences (History, Philosophy and Theory of the Life Sciences) - Removed
- 2018-01-30[PDF] The Demand for Money: Theoretical and Empirical Approaches - Removed
- 2017-12-02[PDF] Open Minds: The Social Making of Agency and Intentionality
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Open Minds: The Social Making of Agency and Intentionality
- 2016-11-04GIS and Spatial Analysis for the Social Sciences Coding, Mapping, and Modeling
- 2012-08-30Gis For The Social Sciences: Coding, Mapping, and Spatial Analysi (repost)
- 2011-12-27GIS and Spatial Analysis for the Social Sciences: Coding, Mapping, and Modeling (Contemporary Sociological Perspectives) - Removed
- 2011-12-05GIS and Spatial Analysis for the Social Sciences: Coding, Mapping, and Modeling (Contemporary Sociological Perspectives) - Removed
- 2011-09-01GIS and Spatial Analysis for the Social Sciences: Coding, Mapping, and Modeling (Contemporary Sociological Perspectives) free ebook download - Removed
- 2011-09-01Gis For The Social Sciences: Coding, Mapping, and Spatial Analysi
- 2010-05-24Philosophy of the Social Sciences: Philosophical Theory and Scientific Practice
- 2009-03-23Post-Modernism and the Social Sciences: Insights, Inroads, and Intrusions
- 2007-07-06The Demand for Money: Theoretical and Empirical Approaches, Second Edition
- 2007-06-14The Demand for Money: Theoretical and Empirical Approaches, Second Edition
- 2017-10-04[PDF] The Wiley Handbook of Theoretical and Philosophical Psychology: Methods, Approaches, and New Directions for Social Sciences
- 2018-01-31[PDF] A Pack of Lies: Towards a Sociology of Lying (Themes in the Social Sciences)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.