Posted on 2017-12-24, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Jonathan Nott | Category: Geosciences | Language: English | Page: 310 | ISBN: 0521824125 | ISBN13: 9780521824125 |
Description: The assessment of risks posed by natural hazards such as floods, droughts, earthquakes, tsunamis or cyclones, may not reflect the full range or magnitude of events possible. As human populations grow, especially in hazard-prone areas, methods for accurately assessing natural hazard risks are becoming increasingly important. Jonathan Nott describes the many methods used to reconstruct such hazards from natural long-term records. He demonstrates how long-term records are essential in gaining a realistic understanding of the variability of natural hazards, and how short-term historical records can often misrepresent likely risks. â€¢ Explains mechanisms that cause extreme events and discusses their prehistoric records â€¢ Describes how to reconstruct long-term records of natural hazards in order to make accurate risk assessments â€¢ Demonstrates that natural hazards can follow cycles over time and do not occur randomly Contents 1. Introduction 2. Droughts 3. Floods 4. Tropical cyclones 5. Tsunamis 6. Earthquakes 7. Landslides 8. Volcanoes 9. Asteroids 10. Extreme events over time Appendix References Index.
Extreme Events: A Physical Reconstruction and Risk Assessment.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34670
- 2013-12-03Extreme Events: A Physical Reconstruction and Risk Assessment (Repost)
- 2010-05-27Extreme Events: A Physical Reconstruction and Risk Assessment
- 2011-10-02Applications of Toxicogenomic Technologies to Predictive Toxicology and Risk Assessment
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Innovation performance accounting: Financing Decisions and Risk Assessment of Innovation Processes
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Molecular Biological Markers for Toxicology and Risk Assessment
- 2017-12-28[PDF] Statistical Applications for Environmental Analysis and Risk Assessment (Statistics in Practice)
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Extreme Events: Observations, Modeling, and Economics (Geophysical Monograph Series)
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Extreme Events in Finance: A Handbook of Extreme Value Theory and its Applications (Wiley Handbooks in Financial Engineering and Econometrics)
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Extreme Events and Natural Hazards: The Complexity Perspective
- 2019-01-28Natural Disasters and Extreme Events in Agriculture Impacts and Mitigation
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Quantitative Methods for Electricity Trading and Risk Management: Advanced Mathematical and Statistical Methods for Energy Finance (Finance and Capital Markets Series) - Removed
- 2018-01-25[PDF] 'Nanomaterials: Toxicity and Risk Assessment'
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Magnetic Resonance Elastography: Physical Background and Medical Applications
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Systems Biology: Constraint-based Reconstruction and Analysis
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Quantitative Methods for Electricity Trading and Risk Management: Advanced Mathematical and Statistical Methods for Energy Finance (Finance and Capital Markets Series) - Removed
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Environmentally Assisted Cracking: Predictive Methods for Risk Assessment and Evaluation of Materials, Equipment, and Structures
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Offshore Structural Engineering: Reliability and Risk Assessment
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Extreme Explosions: Supernovae, Hypernovae, Magnetars, and Other Unusual Cosmic Blasts (Astronomers' Universe) - Removed
- 2018-01-02[PDF] The Roman Forum: A Reconstruction and Architectural Guide
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.