Posted on 2018-01-17, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Mario Chavez and Michael Ghil | Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell | Category: Misc | Language: English | Page: 438 | ISBN: 1119157013 | ISBN13: 9781119157014 |
Description: The monograph covers the fundamentals and the consequences of extreme geophysical phenomena like asteroid impacts, climatic change, earthquakes, tsunamis, hurricanes, landslides, volcanic eruptions, flooding, and space weather. This monograph also addresses their associated, local and worldwide socio-economic impacts. The understanding and modeling of these phenomena is critical to the development of timely worldwide strategies for the prediction of natural and anthropogenic extreme events, in order to mitigate their adverse consequences. This monograph is unique in as much as it is dedicated to recent theoretical, numerical and empirical developments that aim to improve: (i) the understanding, modeling and prediction of extreme events in the geosciences, and, (ii) the quantitative evaluation of their economic consequences. The emphasis is on coupled, integrative assessment of the physical phenomena and their socio-economic impacts. With its overarching theme, Extreme Events: Observations, Modeling and Economics will be relevant to and become an important tool for researchers and practitioners in the fields of hazard and risk analysis in general, as well as to those with a special interest in climate change, atmospheric and oceanic sciences, seismo-tectonics, hydrology, and space weather.
Extreme Events: Observations, Modeling, and Economics (Geophysical Monograph Series).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35402
- 2017-10-03[PDF] The Early Earth: Accretion and Differentiation (Geophysical Monograph Series)
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Integrated Imaging of the Earth: Theory and Applications (Geophysical Monograph Series)
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Deep Earth: Physics and Chemistry of the Lower Mantle and Core (Geophysical Monograph Series)
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Abrupt Climate Change: Mechanisms, Patterns, and Impacts (Geophysical Monograph Series)
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Low-Frequency Waves in Space Plasmas (Geophysical Monograph Series)
- 2013-08-16Climates, Landscapes, and Civilizations (Geophysical Monograph Series)
- 2013-08-02Climates, Landscapes, and Civilizations (Geophysical Monograph Series)
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Natural Hazard Uncertainty Assessment: Modeling and Decision Support (Geophysical Monograph Series)
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Extreme Events in Finance: A Handbook of Extreme Value Theory and its Applications (Wiley Handbooks in Financial Engineering and Econometrics)
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Extreme Events and Natural Hazards: The Complexity Perspective
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Extreme Events: A Physical Reconstruction and Risk Assessment
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Statistical Techniques in Business and Economics, 17 edition
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Nanoscale Flow: Advances, Modeling, and Applications
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Baroclinic Tides: Theoretical Modeling and Observational Evidence
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Extreme Killing: Understanding Serial and Mass Murder
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Quantitative Analysis, Derivatives Modeling, and Trading Strategies: In the Presence of Counterparty Credit Risk for the Fixed-Income Market
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Statistical Techniques in Business and Economics
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Shape Memory Alloys: Modeling and Engineering Applications - Removed
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Plate Boundaries and Natural Hazards (Geophysical Monograph Series)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.