Posted on 2018-01-18, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Michael Lavergne | Publisher: New Society Publishers | Category: Finances and Money | Language: English | Page: 256 | ISBN: 0865718008 | ISBN13: 9780865718005 |
Description: Fixing Fashion : Rethinking the Way We Make, Market and Buy Our Clothes by Michael Lavergne English 2015 ISBN: 0865718008 241 Pages True PDF 1.74 MB With sales of more than five hundred billion US dollars a year, the fashion industry is one of the most important sectors of the global economy, employing millions of men, women, and often children in the developing world. And yet its record is far from pretty. The collapse of Bangladesh's Rana Plaza with some thirty-five hundred desperately underpaid garment workers inside was a shocking example of what can go wrong when manufacturers ruthlessly cut costs while turning a blind eye to labor rights and workplace safety. Written by an apparel industry insider, Fixing Fashion argues that the true legacy of Rana Plaza is increased awareness of how cheap, disposable clothing has led time and time again to serious community, environmental, and labor rights abuses. Ethical supply chain professional Michael Lavergne explores: The birth of the global apparel trade, from colonialism and slavery to today's neoliberal trade agenda How the infamous race to the bottom has led to some of the worst social and environmental excesses in the global apparel industry The rise of a new breed of entrepreneurs and stakeholders driving change and transparency across international supply chains. By taking a hard look at the very real impacts of our consumer culture's addiction to disposable fashion, Fixing Fashion challenges each of us to take full responsibility for understanding the hidden cost of our clothes. Michael Lavergne is an ethical supply chain professional committed to sustainable fashion industry and the protection of labor, environmental and human rights in the developing world.
Fixing Fashion: Rethinking the Way We Make, Market and Buy Our Clothes.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35448
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Shaping Sustainable Fashion: Changing the Way We Make and Use Clothes
- 2017-12-18[PDF] The Sonic Boom: How Sound Transforms the Way We Think, Feel, and Buy
- 2017-12-01[PDF] Still Missing: Rethinking the D.B. Cooper Case and Other Mysterious Unsolved Disappearances
- 2017-10-06[PDF] Kautilya's Arthashastra: The Way of Fianancial Management and Economic Governance
- 2017-10-14[PDF] JADAM Organic Farming : The way to Ultra-Low-Cost agriculture, Make all-natural fertilizer, pesticide and microorganism inputs yourself
- 2017-04-09[PDF] Cradle to Cradle: Remaking the Way We Make Things
- 2012-01-06Range Murata - All The Way Home
- 2011-08-31The Way of the Panda: The Curious History of China's Political Animal - Removed
- 2019-07-25*(Incredible) - Why You Should Read The Broken Ladder: How Inequality Affects the Way We Think, Live, and Die by Keith Payne Online or Download [!PDF !EPUB !MOBI]
- 2019-07-22%(Recommended) - Why You Should Read And Every Morning the Way Home Gets Longer and Longer by Fredrik Backman Online or Download [MOBI EPUB PDF]
- 2019-01-31Cradle to Cradle Remaking the Way We Make Things [Audiobook]
- 2019-01-23The $100 Startup: Reinvent the Way You Make a Living, Do What You Love, and Create a New Future
- 2019-01-15Cradle to Cradle Remaking the Way We Make Things [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Gene Machine: How Genetic Technologies Are Changing the Way We Have Kids and the Kids We Have
- 2018-01-27[PDF] State of Emergency: The Way We Were: Britain, 1970-1974
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Queer Theology: Rethinking the Western Body
- 2018-01-26[PDF] The Way of a Pilgrim and The Pilgrim Continues His Way (Shambhala Classics)
- 2018-01-17[PDF] A Baby on the Way
- 2018-01-16[PDF] The Nurture Assumption: Why Children Turn Out the Way They Do, Revised and Updated
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.