[PDF] Flirtations: Rhetoric and Aesthetics This Side of Seduction (Idiom Inventing Writing Theory FUP)
Posted on 2017-11-10, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Daniel Hoffman-Schwartz, Barbara Nagel, Lauren Stone | Category: Philosophy | Language: English | Page: 192 | ISBN: 0823264904 | ISBN13: 9780823264902 |
Description: What is flirtation, and how does it differ from seduction? In historical terms, the particular question of flirtation has tended to be obscured by that of seduction, which has understandably been a major preoccupation for twentieth-century thought and critical theory. Both the discourse and the critique of seduction are unified by their shared obsession with a very determinate end: power. In contrast, flirtation is the game in which no one seems to gain the upper hand and no one seems to surrender. The counter-concept of flirtation has thus stood quietly to the side, never quite achieving the same prominence as that of seduction. It is this elusive (and largely ignored) territory of playing for play's sake that is the subject of this anthology. The essays in this volume address the under-theorized terrain of flirtation not as a subgenre of seduction but rather as a phenomenon in its own right. Drawing on the interdisciplinary history of scholarship on flirtation even as it re-approaches the question from a distinctly aesthetic and literary-theoretical point of view, the contributors to Flirtations thus give an account of the practice of flirtation and of the figure of the flirt, taking up the act's relationship to issues of mimesis, poetic ambiguity, and aesthetic pleasure. The art of this poetic playfulness-often read or misread as flirtation's "empty gesture"-becomes suddenly legible as the wielding of a particular and subtle form of nonteleological power.
Flirtations: Rhetoric and Aesthetics This Side of Seduction (Idiom Inventing Writing Theory FUP).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33336
- 2017-10-31[PDF] Receptive Spirit: German Idealism and the Dynamics of Cultural Transmission (Idiom Inventing Writing Theory FUP) [German]
- 2017-11-08[PDF] Minima Philologica (Idiom Inventing Writing Theory FUP)
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Women Writers and the Dark Side of Late-Victorian Hellenism
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Debates, Rhetoric and Political Action: Practices of Textual Interpretation and Analysis (Rhetoric, Politics and Society) - Removed
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Payback: Debt and the Shadow Side of Wealth
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Decolonizing Rhetoric and Composition Studies: New Latinx Keywords for Theory and Pedagogy - Removed
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Classical Rhetoric and Its Christian and Secular Tradition from Ancient to Modern Times
- 2018-01-06[PDF] Payback: Debt and the Shadow Side of Wealth: Debt as Metaphor and the Shadow Side of Wealth
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Republicanism, Rhetoric, and Roman Political Thought: Sallust, Livy, and Tacitus
- 2017-12-27[PDF] The Politics and Aesthetics of Entrepreneurship (New Movements in Entrepreneurship)
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Foxboy: Intimacy and Aesthetics in Andean Stories (Joe R. and Teresa Lozano Long Series in Latin American and Latino Art and Culture)
- 2017-12-05[PDF] AIDS, Rhetoric, and Medical Knowledge
- 2017-11-23[PDF] Tradition, Culture and Aesthetics in Contemporary Asian Cinema
- 2017-11-23[PDF] The Art and Aesthetics of Boxing
- 2017-10-25[PDF] Grammar, Rhetoric and Usage in English: Preposition Placement 1500-1900 (Studies in English Language)
- 2017-01-14[PDF] Foxboy: Intimacy and Aesthetics in Andean Stories (Joe R. and Teresa Lozano Long Series in Latin American and Latino Art and Culture)
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Operators, Geometry and Quanta: Methods of Spectral Geometry in Quantum Field Theory - Removed
- 2017-12-05[PDF] Use-Wear and Residue Analysis in Archaeology (Manuals in Archaeological Method, Theory and Technique)
- 2017-11-27[PDF] Complex Systems and Evolutionary Perspectives of Organisations: The Application of Complexity Theory to Organisations
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.