Posted on 2017-10-28, by luongquocchinh.
Author: J. Thomas McClintock | Category: Biology | Language: English | Page: 176 | ISBN: 1420063294 | ISBN13: 9781420063295 |
Description: In its short but active history, the use of DNA typing has revolutionized criminal investigations. It is almost inconceivable to bring a case to trial without positive identification through what is now our most accurate means. Proficiency with the methodology, principles, and interpretation of DNA evidence is crucial for todayâ€™s criminalist. An introductory text, Forensic DNA Analysis: A Laboratory Manual presents a contextual history and overview of the science and use of DNA typing. Logically organized, with clear, concise language, this manual provides a fundamental understanding of forensic DNA analysis and a thorough background in the molecular techniques used to determine an individualâ€™s identity. Students are provided with a sound working knowledge of the investigative methodology, scientific principles, and the analysis and interpretation of the resulting data. After laying a foundation on the rules of the laboratory, the basic scientific principles, and the types of biological materials, such as hair, blood, and bone, this practical, hands-on manual provides 12 exercises outlining techniques commonly used in DNA typing. Designed to be performed in a common laboratory, the experiments cover DNA extraction, concentration, and assessment DNA analysis using restriction fragment length polymorphisms polymerase chain reaction and PCR-based typing tests short tandem repeat analysis and mitochondrial DNA analysis. Many of the procedures described have been adapted from methods used in federal, state, and private forensic laboratories and are suitable to a wide range of applications. There is also an extensive glossary for DNA typing terminology and basic terms used in molecular biology. Instilling confidence, analytical clarity, and a sense of curiosity, this comprehensive introduction is the perfect tool for grasping the techniques and applications of forensic DNA analysis and exploring the questions and issues involved in forensic science investigations.
Forensic DNA Analysis: A Laboratory Manual.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32845
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Forensic DNA Analysis: Current Practices and Emerging Technologies
- 2017-12-10[PDF] An Introduction to Forensic DNA Analysis, Second Edition
- 2017-11-04[PDF] Proteomics in Practice: A Laboratory Manual of Proteome Analysis
- 2018-11-23Forensic DNA Analysis Current Practices and Emerging Technologies
- 2017-12-23[PDF] Forensic DNA Applications: An Interdisciplinary Perspective
- 2017-11-30[PDF] Forensic DNA Typing, Second Edition: Biology, Technology, and Genetics of STR Markers
- 2017-11-28[PDF] Benson's Microbiological Applications, Laboratory Manual in General Microbiology, Short Version
- 2017-10-29[Share-2017] An Introduction to Forensic DNA Analysis 2nd ed. - N. Rudin, K. Inman (CRC, 2002)
- 2017-10-28[PDF] Forensic DNA Collection at Death Scenes: A Pictorial Guide
- 2017-10-26[PDF] Kinanthropometry and Exercise Physiology Laboratory Manual: Tests, Procedures and Data: Volume One: Anthropometry (Volume 1)
- 2017-10-25[PDF] Plant Molecular Biology A Laboratory Manual (Springer Lab Manuals)
- 2017-10-21[PDF] Forensic DNA Evidence Interpretation (Forensicnetbase)
- 2017-10-14[PDF] Forensic DNA Evidence Interpretation, Second Edition
- 2017-04-14[PDF] Microsoft Office and Internet Laboratory Manual
- 2017-04-07[PDF] Forensic DNA Typing Protocols (Methods in Molecular Biology)
- 2017-03-1900493-An Introduction to Forensic DNA Analysis 2nd ed. - N. Rudin, K. Inman (CRC, 2002)
- 2017-02-14[PDF] Kinanthropometry and Exercise Physiology Laboratory Manual: Tests, Procedures and Data: Volume One: Anthropometry (Volume 1)
- 2017-01-03[PDF] Forensic DNA Typing, Second Edition: Biology, Technology, and Genetics of STR Markers
- 2016-12-30[PDF] Benson's Microbiological Applications, Laboratory Manual in General Microbiology, Short Version
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.