Posted on 2018-01-26, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Behrooz Ghamari-Tabrizi | Publisher: Univ Of Minnesota Press | Category: Philosophy | Language: English | Page: 272 | ISBN: 0816699496 | ISBN13: 9780816699490 |
Description: Were the thirteen essays Michel Foucault wrote in 19781979 endorsing the Iranian Revolution an aberration of his earlier work or an inevitable pitfall of his stance on Enlightenment rationality, as critics have long alleged? Behrooz Ghamari-Tabrizi argues that the critics are wrong. He declares that Foucault recognized that Iranians were at a threshold and were considering if it were possible to think of dignity, justice, and liberty outside the cognitive maps and principles of the European Enlightenment. Foucault in Iran centers not only on the significance of the great thinker's writings on the revolution but also on the profound mark the event left on his later lectures on ethics, spirituality, and fearless speech. Contemporary events since 9/11, the War on Terror, and the Arab Uprisings have made Foucault's essays on the Iranian Revolution more relevant than ever. Ghamari-Tabrizi illustrates how Foucault saw in the revolution an instance of his antiteleological philosophy: here was an event that did not fit into the normative progressive discourses of history. What attracted him to the Iranian Revolution was precisely its ambiguity. Theoretically sophisticated and empirically rich, this interdisciplinary work will spark a lively debate in its insistence that what informed Foucault's writing was not an effort to understand Islamism but, rather, his conviction that Enlightenment rationality has not closed the gate of unknown possibilities for human societies.
Foucault in Iran: Islamic Revolution after the Enlightenment (Muslim International).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35675
- 2011-09-21Nelson - After The Rain
- 2019-01-30The Shah, the Islamic Revolution and the United States - Removed
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Digital Kenya: An Entrepreneurial Revolution in the Making (Palgrave Studies of Entrepreneurship in Africa)
- 2018-01-16[PDF] North Korea's Hidden Revolution: How the Information Underground Is Transforming a Closed Society
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Age of Jihad: Islamic State and the Great War for the Middle East
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Forests of Iran: A Treasure from the Past, a Hope for the Future (Plant and Vegetation)
- 2017-12-01[PDF] National Insecurity: U.S. Intelligence After the Cold War
- 2017-11-08[PDF] From Crisis to Confidence: Macroeconomics After the Crash (Hobart Papers)
- 2017-11-08[PDF] The Summits of Modern Man: Mountaineering after the Enlightenment
- 2017-10-28[PDF] Apotheosis: Stories of Human Survival After The Rise of The Elder Gods
- 2017-10-23[PDF] Managing Complexity: Economic Policy Cooperation after the Crisis
- 2017-10-23[PDF] Wave: A Memoir of Life After the Tsunami
- 2011-08-21The Jihad Factory: Pakistanâ€™s Islamic Revolution in the Making
- 2018-01-17[PDF] A Practical Course in Agricultural Chemistry: The Commonwealth and International Library: Agriculture and Forestry Division
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Christian Doctrines in Islamic Theology (History of Christian-Muslim Relations)
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Computational Probability: Algorithms and Applications in the Mathematical Sciences (International Series in Operations Research & Management Science) - Removed
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Improving Complex Systems Today: Proceedings of the 18th ISPE International Conference on Concurrent Engineering (Advanced Concurrent Engineering)
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Harming Future Persons: Ethics, Genetics and the Nonidentity Problem (International Library of Ethics, Law, and the New Medicine)
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Computational Probability: Algorithms and Applications in the Mathematical Sciences (International Series in Operations Research & Management Science) - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.