[PDF] From Frontier Policy to Foreign Policy: The Question of India and the Transformation of Geopolitics in Qing China
Posted on 2017-12-15, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Matthew Mosca | Publisher: Stanford University Press | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 408 | ISBN: 0804782245 | ISBN13: 9780804782241 |
Description: Between the mid-eighteenth and mid-nineteenth centuries, Qing rulers, officials, and scholars fused diverse, fragmented perceptions of foreign territory into one integrated worldview. In the same period, a single "foreign" policy emerged as an alternative to the many localized "frontier" policies hitherto pursued on the coast, in Xinjiang, and in Tibet. By unraveling Chinese, Manchu, and British sources to reveal the information networks used by the Qing empire to gather intelligence about its emerging rival, British India, this book explores China's altered understanding of its place in a global context. Far from being hobbled by a Sinocentric worldview, Qing China's officials and scholars paid close attention to foreign affairs. To meet the growing British threat, they adapted institutional practices and geopolitical assumptions to coordinate a response across their maritime and inland borderlands. In time, the new and more active response to Western imperialism built on this foundation reshaped not only China's diplomacy but also the internal relationship between Beijing and its frontiers.
From Frontier Policy to Foreign Policy: The Question of India and the Transformation of Geopolitics in Qing China.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34410
- 2018-02-01[PDF] From Cold War to New Millennium: The History of The Royal Canadian Regiment, 1953-2008
- 2018-01-31[PDF] From community care to market care?: The development of welfare services for older people
- 2018-01-31[PDF] From Jim Crow to Civil Rights: The Supreme Court and the Struggle for Racial Equality
- 2018-01-30[PDF] From Silence to Memory Revelations of the AHPN
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Chinese Space Policy: A Study in Domestic and International Politics (Space Power and Politics)
- 2018-01-18[PDF] From Plato to Post-modernism: Understanding the Essence of Literature and the Role of the Author
- 2018-01-13[PDF] From Action Systems to Distributed Systems: The Refinement Approach (Chapman & Hall/Crc Computational Science)
- 2018-01-08[PDF] From Morphy to Fischer: History of the World Chess Championships
- 2018-01-08[PDF] From Higher Aims to Hired Hands: The Social Transformation of American Business Schools and the Unfulfilled Promise of Management as a Profession
- 2017-12-30[PDF] From Politics to Reason of State: The Acquisition and Transformation of the Language of Politics 1250-1600 (Ideas in Context)
- 2017-12-21[PDF] From Fermat to Minkowski: Lectures on the Theory of Numbers and Its Historical Development (Undergraduate Texts in Mathematics) - Removed
- 2017-12-19[PDF] From Dust To Stars: Studies of the Formation and Early Evolution of Stars (Springer Praxis Books / Astronomy and Planetary Sciences)
- 2017-12-16[PDF] From Cold War to Cyber War: The Evolution of the International Law of Peace and Armed Conflict over the last 25 Years - Removed
- 2017-12-12[PDF] From Id to Intersubjectivity: Talking about the Talking Cure with Master Clinicians
- 2017-12-08[PDF] From c-Numbers to q-Numbers: The Classical Analogy in the History of Quantum Theory (California Studies in the History of Science)
- 2017-12-02[PDF] From Vines to Wines, 5th Edition: The Complete Guide to Growing Grapes and Making Your Own Wine
- 2017-12-01[PDF] From Whitechapel: A Novel of Jack the Ripper
- 2017-12-01[PDF] From Patient Data to Medical Knowledge: The Principles and Practice of Health Informatics
- 2017-11-26[PDF] From Shanghai to Corregidor: Marines in the Defense of the Philippines
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.