Posted on 2018-01-08, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Stanislas Dehaene | Publisher: A Bradford Book | Category: Biology | Language: English | Page: 408 | ISBN: 0262042231 | ISBN13: 9780262042239 |
Description: The extraordinary overlap between human and chimpanzee genomes does not result in an equal overlap between human and chimpanzee thoughts, sensations, perceptions, and emotions there are considerable similarities but also considerable differences between human and nonhuman primate brains. From Monkey Brain to Human Brain uses the latest findings in cognitive psychology, comparative biology, and neuroscience to look at the complex patterns of convergence and divergence in primate cortical organization and function.Several chapters examine the use of modern technologies to study primate brains, analyzing the potentials and the limitations of neuroimaging as well as genetic and computational approaches. These methods, which can be applied identically across different species of primates, help to highlight the paradox of nonlinear primate evolution the fact that major changes in brain size and functional complexity resulted from small changes in the genome. Other chapters identify plausible analogs or homologs in nonhuman primates for such human cognitive functions as arithmetic, reading, theory of mind, and altruism examine the role of parietofrontal circuits in the production and comprehension of actions analyze the contributions of the prefrontal and cingulate cortices to cognitive control and explore to what extent visual recognition and visual attention are related in humans and other primates.The Fyssen Foundation is dedicated to encouraging scientific inquiry into the cognitive mechanisms that underlie animal and human behavior and has long sponsored symposia on topics of central importance to the cognitive sciences.
From Monkey Brain to Human Brain: A Fyssen Foundation Symposium.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35149
- 2017-01-13[PDF] From Monkey Brain to Human Brain: A Fyssen Foundation Symposium
- 2013-01-24From Monkey Brain to Human Brain: A Fyssen Foundation Symposium
- 2009-07-14From Monkey Brain to Human Brain: A Symposium of the Fyssen Foundation (Fyssen Foundation Symposium) by S Dehaene
- 2017-12-13[PDF] Origins of the Human Brain (Fyssen Foundation Symposium)
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Origins of the Human Brain (Fyssen Foundation Symposium)
- 2017-12-22[PDF] Stem Cells in Reproduction and in the Brain (Ernst Schering Foundation Symposium Proceedings) - Removed
- 2018-01-04[PDF] The Other Brain: From Dementia to Schizophrenia, How New Discoveries about the Brain Are Revolutionizing Medicine and Science
- 2017-11-20[PDF] Second Nature: Brain Science and Human Knowledge
- 2017-11-18[PDF] The Developing Brain: Building Language, Reading, Physical, Social, and Cognitive Skills from Birth to Age Eight
- 2017-11-10[PDF] From Brain to Mind: Using Neuroscience to Guide Change in Education
- 2017-11-10[PDF] The Selfish Brain: Learning from Addiction
- 2017-11-04[PDF] A Combined MRI and Histology Atlas of the Rhesus Monkey Brain in Stereotaxic Coordinates (Academic Press)
- 2017-11-04[PDF] The Believing Brain: From Ghosts and Gods to Politics and Conspiracies -How We Construct Beliefs and Reinforce Them as Truths
- 2017-11-04[PDF] The Minder Brain: How Your Brain Keeps You Alive, Protects You from Danger, and Ensures that You Reproduce
- 2017-11-01[PDF] From Brains to Systems: Brain-Inspired Cognitive Systems 2010 (Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology) - Removed
- 2017-10-28[PDF] Developing Individuality In The Human Brain: A Tribute To Michael I. Posner (Decade of Behavior)
- 2017-10-27[PDF] From Conditioning to Conscious Recollection: Memory Systems of the Brain (Oxford Psychology Series)
- 2017-10-24[PDF] The Hot Brain: Survival, Temperature, and the Human Body (MIT Press)
- 2017-10-23[PDF] Headaches and Brain Injury from a Biopsychosocial Perspective: A Practical Psychotherapy Guide (Brain Injury Series)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.