[PDF] Functional Inequalities: New Perspectives and New Applications (Mathematical Surveys and Monographs)
Posted on 2017-10-29, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Nassif Ghoussoub | Publisher: American Mathematical Society | Category: Mathematics | Language: English | Page: 299 | ISBN: 0821891529 | ISBN13: 9780821891520 |
Description: The book describes how functional inequalities are often manifestations of natural mathematical structures and physical phenomena, and how a few general principles validate large classes of analytic/geometric inequalities, old and new. This point of view leads to "systematic" approaches for proving the most basic inequalities, but also for improving them, and for devising new ones sometimes at will and often on demand. These general principles also offer novel ways for estimating best constants and for deciding whether these are attained in appropriate function spaces. As such, improvements of Hardy and Hardy-Rellich type inequalities involving radially symmetric weights are variational manifestations of Sturm's theory on the oscillatory behavior of certain ordinary differential equations. On the other hand, most geometric inequalities, including those of Sobolev and Log-Sobolev type, are simply expressions of the convexity of certain free energy functionals along the geodesics on the Wasserstein manifold of probability measures equipped with the optimal mass transport metric. Caffarelli-Kohn-Nirenberg and Hardy-Rellich-Sobolev type inequalities are then obtained by interpolating the above two classes of inequalities via the classical ones of Hlder. The subtle Moser-Onofri-Aubin inequalities on the two-dimensional sphere are connected to Liouville type theorems for planar mean field equations.
Functional Inequalities: New Perspectives and New Applications (Mathematical Surveys and Monographs).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32889
- 2017-11-17[PDF] Handbook of Functional Equations: Functional Inequalities (Springer Optimization and Its Applications)
- 2017-12-09[PDF] Pattern Recognition: Practices, Perspectives and Challenges (Computer Science, Technology and Applications)
- 2017-10-06[PDF] Functional Marine Biomaterials: Properties and Applications (Woodhead Publishing Series in Biomaterials)
- 2017-10-06[PDF] Functional Differential Equations: Advances and Applications (Pure and Applied Mathematics: A Wiley Series of Texts, Monographs and Tracts)
- 2017-04-10[PDF] Isoperimetric Inequalities: Differential Geometric and Analytic Perspectives (Cambridge Tracts in Mathematics)
- 2018-01-24[PDF] A Tour of Subriemannian Geometries, Their Geodesics and Applications (Mathematical Surveys and Monographs)
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging - Advanced Neuroimaging Applications
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Functional Equations _ Results and Advances (Advances in Mathematics) (Volume 3)
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Functional Verification Coverage Measurement and Analysis (Information Technology: Transmission, Processing & Storage) - Removed
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Functional Syntax: Anaphora, Discourse, and Empathy
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Innovating in Practice: Perspectives and Experiences
- 2018-01-04[PDF] LGBT Psychology: Research Perspectives and People of African Descent
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Gifted Education: Current Perspectives and Issues
- 2017-12-23[PDF] Functional Impairment: Management, Types and Challenges
- 2017-12-15[PDF] Spatial Inequalities: Health, Poverty, and Place in Accra, Ghana (GeoJournal Library) - Removed
- 2017-12-09[PDF] Digital Enterprise Technology: Perspectives and Future Challenges - Removed
- 2017-12-03[PDF] Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging - Advanced Neuroimaging Applications
- 2017-11-27[PDF] Functional Anatomy for Sport and Exercise: Quick Reference
- 2017-11-17[PDF] Functional Analysis, Approximation Theory and Numerical Analysis
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.