Posted on 2018-01-13, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Matin Durrani | Publisher: Bloomsbury Sigma | Category: Biology | Language: English | Page: 304 | ISBN: 1472914090 | ISBN13: 9781472914095 |
Description: The principles of physics lie behind many of the ways animals go about their daily lives. Scientists have discovered that the way cats and dogs lap up liquids can be explained by the laws of surface tension, how ants navigate is due to polarized light, and why pistol shrimps can generate enough force to destroy aquarium glass using their elbows! Each of FURRY LOGIC's six chapters tackles a separate branch of physics and, through more than 30 animal case studies, examines each creature's key features before describing the ways physics is at play in its life, how the connection between physics and animal behavior was discovered, and what remains to be found out. Science journalists Matin Durrani and Liz Kalaugher make the incredible interdisciplinary world of animals accessible to all, in an enthralling and entertaining read.
Furry Logic: The Physics of Animal Life (Bloomsbury Sigma).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35304
- 2017-12-13[PDF] How Things Work: The Physics of Everyday Life
- 2017-12-12[PDF] How Things Work, Binder Ready Version: The Physics of Everyday Life
- 2012-01-15The Big Fight: My Life In and Out of the Ring
- 2011-09-01Plasmas and Fluids by Panel on the Physics of Plasmas and Fluids
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Beauty and the Beast: Human-Animal Relations as Revealed in Real Photo Postcards, 1905-1935
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Marxist Aesthetics: The foundations within everyday life for an emancipated consciousness (Routledge Revivals)
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Philosophy and the Politics of Animal Liberation (Political Philosophy and Public Purpose)
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Introduction to the Biology of Marine Life, 10th edition
- 2018-01-03[PDF] REMEMBERING UTOPIA: The Culture of Everyday Life in Socialist Yugoslavia
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Many Worlds: The New Universe, Extraterrestrial Life, and the Theological Implications
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Caveman Logic: The Persistence of Primitive Thinking in a Modern World
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Hippocrates: Making the Way for Medicine: Life Science (Science Readers)
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Visions of the Future: Chemistry and Life Science
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Ancient Cities: The Archaeology of Urban Life in the Ancient Near East and Egypt, Greece and Rome
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Handbook of the Physics of Thin-Film Solar Cells
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Dancing with the River: People and Life on the Chars of South Asia
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Quantum Evolution: The New Science of Life
- 2017-12-20[PDF] HTML & CSS: The Good Parts (Animal Guide)
- 2017-12-18[PDF] Genesis - In The Beginning: Precursors of Life, Chemical Models and Early Biological Evolution
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.