Posted on 2017-10-06, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Catherine Haworth | Publisher: Routledge | Category: Music | Language: English | Page: 238 | ISBN: 1472430859 | ISBN13: 9781472430854 |
Description: From the perennially young, precocious figure of 'little orphan Annie' to the physical and vocal ageing of the 18th-century castrato, interlinked cultural constructions of age and gender are central to the historical and contemporary depiction of creative activity and its audiences. Gender, Age and Musical Creativity takes an interdisciplinary approach to issues of identity and its representation, examining intersections of age and gender in relation to music and musicians across a wide range of periods, places, and genres, including female patronage in Renaissance Italy, the working class brass band tradition of northern England, twentieth-century jazz and popular music cultures, and the contemporary 'New Music' scene. Drawing together the work of musicologists and practitioners, the collection offers new ways in which to conceptualise the complex links between age and gender in both individual and collective practice and their reception: essays explore juvenilia and 'late' style in composition and performance, the role of public and private institutions in fostering and sustaining creative activity throughout the course of musical careers, and the ways in which genres and scenes themselves age over time.
Gender, Age and Musical Creativity.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32113
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Gender, Generations and the Family in International Migration (Amsterdam University Press - IMISCOE Research)
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Learning, Teaching, and Musical Identity: Voices across Cultures (Counterpoints: Music and Education)
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Gender, Nationalism, and War: Conflict on the Movie Screen
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Gender, Class and Occupation: Working Class Men doing Dirty Work - Removed
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Gender, Work and Wages in Industrial Revolution Britain (Cambridge Studies in Economic History - Second Series)
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Gender, Development and Globalization: Economics as if All People Mattered
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Gender, Lifespan and Quality of Life: An International Perspective (Social Indicators Research Series) - Removed
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Gender, Race, and Nationalism in Contemporary Black Politics (Comparative Feminist Studies) - Removed
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Gender, Generation and Identity in Contemporary Russia
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Gender Differences and the Making of Liturgical History (Liturgy, Worship and Society)
- 2017-12-22[PDF] Patterns of Intuition: Musical Creativity in the Light of Algorithmic Composition
- 2017-12-15[PDF] Gender, Migration and Categorisation: Making Distinctions between Migrants in Western Countries, 1945-2010 (Amsterdam University Press - IMISCOE Research)
- 2017-12-15[PDF] Gender, Humiliation, and Global Security: Dignifying Relationships from Love, Sex, and Parenthood to World Affairs (Contemporary Psychology)
- 2017-12-11[PDF] Singer-Songwriters and Musical Open Mics (Ashgate Popular and Folk Music Series)
- 2017-12-07[PDF] Gender, Work, and Family in a Chinese Economic Zone: Laboring in Paradise - Removed
- 2017-11-22[PDF] New Age and Neopagan Religions in America (Columbia Contemporary American Religion Series)
- 2017-11-09[PDF] Gender, Nature, and Nurture
- 2017-11-08[PDF] Gender, Sexuality and Reproduction in Evolutionary Narratives (Transformations)
- 2017-11-04[PDF] Gender, Language and Ideology: A genealogy of Japanese women's language (Discourse Approaches to Politics, Society and Culture)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.