Posted on 2018-01-30, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Zachary Zimmer | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 344 | ISBN: 140943270X | ISBN13: 9781409432708 |
Description: Population ageing - a growth in the proportion of a population that is in older age - is now occurring in every region and nearly every country of the world. Indeed, the growth of older populations is among the important global phenomena of the twenty-first century. It poses both opportunities and challenges for societies and policy makers, but these are far from uniform worldwide. Dynamic factors are at work impacting on how ageing will influence people, places and policies and there are large variations in the rate and timing of population ageing across countries, owing to differing social, health and economic circumstances and a variety of policy options from which to choose. Given this variation in the context of global ageing as a backdrop, this edited book focuses on three overarching themes that are among the most critical to understand if societies are to age successfully in the twenty-first century and beyond: Healthy ageing and health care the ageing workforce, retirement and the provision of pensions shifting intergenerational relations. These three themes are cross-cut by other dimensions that are intertwined with the dynamic processes of ageing, such as immigration/emigration, contrasting policy regimes and global and national economic forces. This ground-breaking book will be of interest to all scholars, students and policy-makers working within this area of study.
Global Ageing in the Twenty-First Century: Challenges, Opportunities and Implications.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35801
- 2017-05-29Global Ageing In The Twenty First Century Challenges, Opportunities And Implications
- 2017-05-11Global Ageing In The Twenty First Century Challenges, Opportunities And Implications
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Holocaust Cinema in the Twenty-First Century: Images, Memory, and the Ethics of Representation
- 2017-12-28[PDF] The Powers That Be: Global Energy for the Twenty-first Century and Beyond
- 2017-12-10[PDF] Southern Exposure: International Development and the Global South in the Twenty-First Century
- 2017-01-12[PDF] The Powers That Be: Global Energy for the Twenty-first Century and Beyond
- 2018-07-06Global Security in the Twenty-First Century The Quest for Power and the Search for Peace
- 2018-02-02[PDF] Collaborative Art in the Twenty-First Century (Routledge Advances in Art and Visual Studies)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] International Negotiation in the Twenty-First Century (UT Austin Studies in Foreign and Transnational Law)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Organisational Anatomy (Towards the Twenty-First Century Organization)
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Primary Care in the Twenty-First Century: An International Perspective
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Reconstructing Architecture for the Twenty-first Century: An Inquiry into the Architect's World
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Rethinking Security in the Twenty-First Century: A Reader - Removed
- 2018-01-12[PDF] The Irish Welfare State in the Twenty-First Century: Challenges and Change - Removed
- 2018-01-11[PDF] State Constitutions for the Twenty-first Century, Vol. 2: Drafting State Constitutions, Revisions, and Amendments (SUNY Series in American Constitutionalism)
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Martin Gardner in the Twenty-First Century
- 2017-12-24[PDF] River Basin Management in the Twenty-First Century: Understanding People and Place
- 2017-12-11[PDF] Blowing the Roof off the Twenty-First Century: Media, Politics, and the Struggle for Post-Capitalist Democracy
- 2017-11-27[PDF] Re-Orienting Cuisine: East Asian Foodways in the Twenty-First Century (Food, Nutrition, and Culture)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.