Posted on 2018-01-07, by luongquocchinh.
Author: David McNally | Publisher: PM Press | Category: Economy | Language: English | Page: 176 | ISBN: 1604863323 | ISBN13: 9781604863321 |
Description: Investigating the global financial meltdown as the first systemic crisis of the neoliberal stage of capitalism, this analysis argues thatâ€”far from having endedâ€”the crisis has ushered in a period of worldwide economic and political turbulence. In developing an account of the crisis as rooted in fundamental features of capitalism, this study challenges the view that capitalism's source lies in financial deregulation, and highlights the emergence of new patterns of world inequality and new centers of accumulation, particularly in East Asia, and the profound economic instabilities these have produced. This original account of the â€œfinancializationâ€ of the world economy during this period explores the intricate connections between international financial markets and new forms of debt and dispossession. Analyzing the massive intervention of the worldâ€™s central banks to stave off another Great Depression, this study shows that while averting a complete meltdown, this intervention also laid the basis for recurring crises for poor and working class people: job loss, increased poverty and inequality, and cuts in social programs. Taking a global view of these processes, exposing the damage inflicted on countries in the Global South, as well as the intensification of racism and attacks on migrant workers, this book also traces new patterns of social and political resistanceâ€”from housing activism and education struggles, to mass strikes and protests in Martinique, Guadeloupe, France, and Puerto Ricoâ€”as indicators of the potential for building anticapitalist opposition to the damage that neoliberal capitalism is inflicting on the lives of millions.
Global Slump: The Economics and Politics of Crisis and Resistance (Spectre).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35100
- 2013-11-16Global Slump: The Economics and Politics of Crisis and Resistance (repost)
- 2011-11-29[MULTI]Global Slump: The Economics and Politics of Crisis an
- 2011-11-14Global Slump: The Economics and Politics of Crisis and Resistance
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Media Ownership: The Economics and Politics of Convergence and Concentration in the UK and European Media
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Introduction to the Economics and Mathematics of Financial Markets (MIT Press)
- 2017-11-09[PDF] Guide to the Economics and Fiscal Performance of the Federal Government: 1976-2007
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Introduction to the Economics and Mathematics of Financial Markets (MIT Press)
- 2018-01-06[PDF] The Digital Glocalization of Entertainment: New Paradigms in the 21st Century Global Mediascape (The Economics of Information, Communication, and Entertainment) - Removed
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Democracy The God That Failed: The Economics and Politics of Monarchy, Democracy, and Natural Order
- 2017-12-19[PDF] The Economics and Politics of Oil in the Caspian Basin: The Redistribution of Oil Revenues in Azerbaijan and Central Asia (Central Asia Research Forum)
- 2017-10-11[PDF] Access Denied: The Practice and Policy of Global Internet Filtering (Information Revolution and Global Politics)
- 2017-10-06[PDF] The Global Diamond Industry: Economics and Development Volume II - Removed
- 2017-02-14[PDF] The Economics and Politics of Oil in the Caspian Basin: The Redistribution of Oil Revenues in Azerbaijan and Central Asia (Central Asia Research Forum)
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Access Denied: The Practice and Policy of Global Internet Filtering (Information Revolution and Global Politics)
- 2018-07-15The Economics and Politics of Accounting International Perspectives on Research Trends, Policy, and Practice
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Global Ethics: Anarchy, Freedom and International Relations (Critical Issues in Global Politics)
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Global Rivalries: Standards Wars and the Transnational Cotton Trade
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Crude Volatility: The History and the Future of Boom-Bust Oil Prices (Center on Global Energy Policy Series)
- 2018-01-14[PDF] The Economics and Organization of Brazilian Agriculture: Recent Evolution and Productivity Gains
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.