Posted on 2018-01-31, by luongquocchinh.
Author: R M Cook **Decd** | Category: Misc | Language: English | Page: 464 | ISBN: 0415138590 | ISBN13: 9780415138598 |
Description: Greek Painted Pottery has been used by classics and classical archaeology students for some thirty years. It thoroughly examines all painted pottery styles from the Protogeometric to the Hellenistic period from all areas of Greece and from the colonies in parts of Italy. In each case it covers the development of iconography and the use of colour, decorative motifs and the distinctive styles of each stage. It examines the most utilitarian pottery objects as well as some of the finest pieces produced by a flourishing civilisation. Other chapters cover the pottery industry and pottery-making techniques, including firing, the types of local clay which were used and inscription. This study also considers how one can date pottery and establish a chronology and the various methods by which these artefacts have been classified, preserved and collected. This is the third edition of this classic text, which has been extensively revised and includes a fully updated bibliography. This edition also includes coverage of new evidence and new theories which have surfaced since the book was last revised in 1972. With over 100 black and white photographs and plentiful line drawings, the new edition of this comprehensive text will be invaluable to students studying classical art, archaeology and art history.
Greek Painted Pottery.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35830
- 2019-03-01Athens, Etruria, and the Many Lives of Greek Figured Pottery
- 2019-02-22Athens, Etruria, and the Many Lives of Greek Figured Pottery
- 2019-01-31Athens, Etruria, and the Many Lives of Greek Figured Pottery
- 2019-01-30Athens, Etruria, and the Many Lives of Greek Figured Pottery
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Greek Myths: Tales of Passion, Heroism, and Betrayal
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Greek Alphabet: Unlock the Secrets
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Greek Gods in the East: Hellenistic Iconographic Schemes in Central Asia
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Greek and Roman Oratory (Dover Thrift Editions)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Greek Tragedies as Plays for Performance
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Greek Law in Its Political Setting: Justifications Not Justice
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Greek 101: Learning an Ancient Language
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Greek Astronomy (Dover Books on Astronomy)
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Greek Lives (Audiobook)
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Greek Gods & Goddesses
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Greek Buddha: Pyrrho's Encounter with Early Buddhism in Central Asia
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Greek Endgame: From Austerity to Growth or Grexit
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Greek Prostitutes in the Ancient Mediterranean, 800 BCE-200 CE (Wisconsin Studies in Classics)
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Greek: An Essential Grammar (Routledge Essential Grammars)
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Greek Archaeology: A Thematic Approach
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.