Posted on 2017-12-02, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Jon Nixon | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 232 | ISBN: 1472506413 | ISBN13: 9781472506412 |
Description: For Hannah Arendt, friendship had political relevance and importance. The essence of friendship, she believed, consisted in discourse, and it is only through discourse, she argued, that the world is rendered humane. This book explores some of the key ideas in Hannah Arendt's work through a study of four lifelong friendships with Heinrich Blucher, Martin Heidegger, Karl Jaspers and Mary McCarthy. The book draws on correspondence from both sides, illuminating our understanding of the social contexts within which Arendt's thinking developed and was clarified. It offers a cultural history of ideas: shedding light on two core ideas in Arendt - of 'plurality' and 'promise', and on how those particular ideas emerged through a particular set of relationships, at a significant moment in the history of the West. This book offers an original and accessible 'way in' to Arendt's work for students and scholars of politics, philosophy, intellectual history and literature.
Hannah Arendt and the Politics of Friendship.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33993
- 2017-12-07[PDF] Hannah Arendt and the Law (Law and Practical Reason)
- 2017-11-20[PDF] Rightlessness in an Age of Rights: Hannah Arendt and the Contemporary Struggles of Migrants
- 2017-11-17[PDF] Public Trials: Burke, Zola, Arendt, and the Politics of Lost Causes
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Rightlessness in an Age of Rights: Hannah Arendt and the Contemporary Struggles of Migrants
- 2019-05-06Affective Communities Anticolonial Thought, Fin-de-Siècle Radicalism, and the Politics of Friendship
- 2019-03-19Affective Communities Anticolonial Thought, Fin-de-Siècle Radicalism, and the Politics of Friendship
- 2018-11-15Rightlessness in an Age of Rights Hannah Arendt and the Contemporary Struggles of Migrants
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Ethno-Architecture and the Politics of Migration (Architext)
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Feminist Aesthetics and the Politics of Modernism (Columbia Themes in Philosophy, Social Criticism, and the Arts)
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Cities, Business, and the Politics of Urban Violence in Latin America
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Gendered Citizenship and the Politics of Representation (Citizenship, Gender and Diversity) - Removed
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Thomas Hobbes and the Politics of Natural Philosophy
- 2017-12-10[PDF] Music, Cosmology, and the Politics of Harmony in Early China (S U N Y Series in Chinese Philosophy and Culture)
- 2017-12-02[PDF] Emmanuel Levinas and the Politics of Non-Violence
- 2017-11-20[PDF] Music Video and the Politics of Representation (Music and the Moving Image EUP)
- 2017-11-18[PDF] Alfred Valdmanis and the Politics of Survival
- 2017-11-17[PDF] Classical Antiquity and the Politics of America: From George Washington to George W. Bush
- 2017-11-14[PDF] Central Greece and the Politics of Power in the Fourth Century BC
- 2017-11-13[PDF] Drug Policies and the Politics of Drugs in the Americas - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.