Posted on 2018-01-27, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Lisa Feldman Barrett | Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt | Category: Self-development | Language: English | Page: 448 | ISBN: 0544133315 | ISBN13: 9780544133310 |
Description: A new theory of how the brain constructs emotions that could revolutionize psychology, health care, the legal system, and our understanding of the human mind Emotions feel automatic, like uncontrollable reactions to things we think and experience. Scientists have long supported this assumption by claiming that emotions are hardwired in the body or the brain. Today, however, the science of emotion is in the midst of a revolution on par with the discovery of relativity in physics and natural selection in biologyand this paradigm shift has far-reaching implications for us all. Leading the charge is psychologist and neuroscientist Lisa Feldman Barrett, whose theory of emotion is driving a deeper understanding of the mind and brain, and shedding new light on what it means to be human. Her research overturns the widely held belief that emotions are housed in different parts of the brain and are universally expressed and recognized. Instead, she has shown that emotion is constructed in the moment, by core systems that interact across the whole brain, aided by a lifetime of learning. This new theory means that you play a much greater role in your emotional life than you ever thought. Its repercussions are already shaking the foundations not only of psychology but also of medicine, the legal system, child-rearing, meditation, and even airport security. Why do emotions feel automatic? Does rational thought really control emotion? How does emotion affect disease? How can you make your children more emotionally intelligent? How Emotions Are Made answers these questions and many more, revealing the latest research and intriguing practical applications of the new science of emotion, mind, and brain.
How Emotions Are Made: The Secret Life of the Brain.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35716
- 2018-01-28[PDF] How Emotions Are Made: The Secret Life of the Brain [Audiobook]
- 2019-07-25$(Top) - Why You Should Read How Emotions Are Made: The Secret Life of the Brain by Lisa Feldman Barrett Online or Download [PDF MOBI EPUB]
- 2017-03-25How Emotions Are Made The Secret Life of the Brain [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-10[PDF] How Products Are Made: An Illustrated Guide to Product Manufacturing (How Products Are Made) Volume 1
- 2018-01-10[PDF] How Products Are Made: An Illustrated Guide to Product Manufacturing (Volume 2)
- 2018-01-10[PDF] How Products Are Made: An Illustrated Guide to Product Manufacturing (How Products Are Made) Volume 3
- 2018-01-10[PDF] How Products Are Made: An Illustrated Guide to Product Manufacturing (How Products Are Made) Volume 5
- 2018-01-10[PDF] How Products Are Made: An Illustrated Guide to Product Manufacturing (How Products Are Made) Volume 6
- 2018-01-10[PDF] How Products are Made Volume 7
- 2017-10-10[PDF] How Wars Are Won: The 13 Rules of War - from Ancient Greece to the War on Terror
- 2017-04-06[PDF] How Ships Are Made (How It Is Made Series)
- 2017-04-06[PDF] How Bad Are Bananas?: The Carbon Footprint of Everything
- 2017-10-08[PDF] How Creativity Happens in the Brain
- 2012-03-16Heme Biology: The Secret Life of Heme in Regulating Diverse Biological Processes By Li Zhang
- 2012-03-16The Secret Life of Movies: Schizophrenic and Shamanic Journeys in American Cinema By Jason Horsley
- 2019-07-09!@(Nice) - Why You Should Read Broad Influence: How Women Are Changing the Way America Works by Jay Newton-Small Online or Download [#PDF #EPUB #MOBI]
- 2018-01-25[PDF] How James Joyce Made His Name:: A Reading of the Final Lacan (Contemporary Theory)
- 2018-01-13[PDF] The Market Makers: How Retailers are Reshaping the Global Economy
- 2018-01-04[PDF] The Other Brain: From Dementia to Schizophrenia, How New Discoveries about the Brain Are Revolutionizing Medicine and Science
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.