Posted on 2018-01-23, by luongquocchinh.
Author: author | Category: Audio Books | Language: English | Page: 0 | ISBN: 10dcbafdeee14a6483b93df1822c55ef |
Description: The Freakonomics of math - a math-world superstar unveils the hidden beauty and logic of the world and puts its power in our hands. The math we learn in school can seem like a dull set of rules, laid down by the ancients and not to be questioned. In How Not to Be Wrong, Jordan Ellenberg shows us how terribly limiting this view is: Math isn't confined to abstract incidents that never occur in real life, but rather touches everything we do-the whole world is shot through with it. Math allows us to see the hidden structures underneath the messy and chaotic surface of our world. It's a science of not being wrong, hammered out by centuries of hard work and argument. Armed with the tools of mathematics, we can see through to the true meaning of information we take for granted: How early should you get to the airport? What does "public opinion" really represent? Why do tall parents have shorter children? Who really won Florida in 2000? And how likely are you, really, to develop cancer? How Not to Be Wrong presents the surprising revelations behind all of these questions and many more, using the mathematician's method of analyzing life and exposing the hard-won insights of the academic community to the layman-minus the jargon. Ellenberg chases mathematical threads through a vast range of time and space, from the everyday to the cosmic, encountering, among other things, baseball, Reaganomics, daring lottery schemes, Voltaire, the replicability crisis in psychology, Italian Renaissance painting, artificial languages, the development of non-Euclidean geometry, the coming obesity apocalypse, Antonin Scalia's views on crime and punishment, the psychology of slime molds, what Facebook can and can't figure out about you, and the existence of God. Ellenberg pulls from history as well as from the latest theoretical developments to provide those not trained in math with the knowledge they need. Math, as Ellenber...
How Not to Be Wrong: The Power of Mathematical Thinking [Audiobook].pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35601
- 2017-12-26[PDF] How Not to Be Wrong: The Power of Mathematical Thinking [Audiobook]
- 2017-12-13[PDF] How Not to Be Wrong: The Power of Mathematical Thinking
- 2014-06-19How Not to Be Wrong: The Power of Mathematical Thinking [Audiobook]
- 2014-06-18How Not to Be Wrong: The Power of Mathematical Thinking
- 2014-06-03How Not to Be Wrong: The Power of Mathematical Thinking
- 2017-12-24[PDF] How Not to Be Eaten: The Insects Fight Back
- 2017-10-06[PDF] How Not to Die: Discover the Foods Scientifically Proven to Prevent and Reverse Disease
- 2017-10-10[PDF] Everything I Know About Success I Learned from Napoleon Hill: Essential Lessons for Using the Power of Positive Thinking [AudioBook]
- 2009-12-29The Power of Positive Thinking - Audiobook
- 2007-06-25Norman.Peale-The.Power.of.Positive.Thinking (audiobook)
- 2018-01-17[PDF] How Shakespeare Put Politics on the Stage: Power and Succession in the History Plays
- 2017-11-25[PDF] How not to run the same Hotel
- 2017-10-22[PDF] How Not to Write: The Essential Misrules of Grammar
- 2017-10-16[PDF] How to Break a Terrorist: The U.S. Interrogators Who Used Brains, Not Brutality, to Take Down the Deadliest Man in Iraq
- 2017-10-16[PDF] How Not to Network a Nation: The Uneasy History of the Soviet Internet (Information Policy)
- 2017-02-10[PDF] How Not to Write: The Essential Misrules of Grammar
- 2017-02-06[PDF] How to Break a Terrorist: The U.S. Interrogators Who Used Brains, Not Brutality, to Take Down the Deadliest Man in Iraq
- 2017-01-13[PDF] How Not to Network a Nation: The Uneasy History of the Soviet Internet (Information Policy)
- 2012-02-01The Power of Renewables: Opportunities and Challenges for China and the United States - The Power
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.