Posted on 2017-12-16, by luongquocchinh.
Author: David P Barash | Publisher: Columbia University Press | Category: Psychology | Language: English | Page: 224 | ISBN: 0231146655 | ISBN13: 9780231146654 |
Description: So how did women get their curves? Why do they have breasts, while other mammals only develop breast tissue while lactating, and why do women menstruate, when virtually no other beings do so? What are the reasons for female orgasm? Why are human females kept in the dark about their own time of ovulation and maximum fertility, and why are they the only animals to experience menopause? David P. Barash and Judith Eve Lipton, coauthors of acclaimed books on human sexuality and gender, discuss the theories scientists have advanced to explain these evolutionary enigmas (sometimes called "Just-So stories" by their detractors) and present hypotheses of their own. Some scientific theories are based on legitimate empirical data, while others are pure speculation. Barash and Lipton distinguish between what is solid and what remains uncertain, skillfully incorporating their expert knowledge of biology, psychology, animal behavior, anthropology, and human sexuality into their entertaining critiques. Inviting readers to examine the evidence and draw their own conclusions, Barash and Lipton tell an evolutionary suspense story that captures the excitement and thrill of true scientific detection.
How Women Got Their Curves and Other Just-So Stories: Evolutionary Enigmas.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34431
- 2017-01-12[PDF] How Women Got Their Curves and Other Just-So Stories: Evolutionary Enigmas
- 2018-01-18[PDF] How to Hang a Picture: And Other Essential Lessons for the Stylish Home
- 2018-01-15[PDF] How to Rock Your Baby: And Other Timeless Tips for Modern Moms
- 2017-12-19[PDF] How to Walk a Puma: And Other Things I Learned
- 2017-12-16[PDF] How to Build a Fire: And Other Handy Things Your Grandfather Knew
- 2017-12-04[PDF] How Slow Can you Waterski? and other puzzling questions...
- 2017-11-23[PDF] How to Drive a Tank and Other Everyday Tips for the Modern Gentleman
- 2017-11-11[PDF] How To Fossilise Your Hamster: And Other Amazing Experiments For The Armchair Scientist
- 2017-10-30[PDF] How to Sew a Button: And Other Nifty Things Your Grandmother Knew
- 2017-02-07[PDF] How to Drive a Tank and Other Everyday Tips for the Modern Gentleman
- 2017-02-07[PDF] How to Build a Fire: And Other Handy Things Your Grandfather Knew
- 2017-02-07[PDF] How to Sew a Button: And Other Nifty Things Your Grandmother Knew
- 2017-01-03[PDF] How Slow Can you Waterski? and other puzzling questions...
- 2017-11-27[PDF] Riot at the Calc Exam and Other Mathematically Bent Stories (Monograph Book)
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Udemy - How To Meet Women, Get Their Numbers, and Make Them Want You
- 2017-12-23[PDF] 100 Birds and How They Got Their Names
- 2017-12-08[PDF] How Eskimos Keep Their Babies Warm: And Other Adventures in Parenting (from Argentina to Tanzania and everywhere in between)
- 2017-11-06[PDF] Udemy - How To Meet Women, Get Their Numbers, and Make Them Want You
- 2017-10-13[PDF] The Confidence Myth: Why Women Undervalue Their Skills, and How to Get Over It
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.