[PDF] Hydrodynamics of Time-Periodic Groundwater Flow: Diffusion Waves in Porous Media (Geophysical Monograph Series)
Posted on 2018-01-25, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Joe S. Depner | Publisher: American Geophysical Union | Category: Physics | Language: English | Page: 324 | ISBN: 1119133947 | ISBN13: 9781119133940 |
Description: By Joe S. Depner, Todd C. Rasmussen Description Hydrodynamics of Time-Periodic Groundwater Flow introduces the emerging topic of periodic fluctuations in groundwater. While classical hydrology has often focused on steady flow conditions, many systems display periodic behavior due to tidal, seasonal, annual, and human influences. Describing and quantifying subsurface hydraulic responses to these influences may be challenging to those who are unfamiliar with periodically forced groundwater systems. The goal of this volume is to present a clear and accessible mathematical introduction to the basic and advanced theory of time-periodic groundwater flow, which is essential for developing a comprehensive knowledge of groundwater hydraulics and groundwater hydrology. Volume highlights include: Overview of time-periodic forcing of groundwater systems Definition of the Boundary Value Problem for harmonic systems in space and time Examples of 1-, 2-, and 3-dimensional flow in various media Attenuation, delay, and gradients, stationary points and flow stagnation Wave propagation and energy transport Hydrodynamics of Time-Periodic Groundwater Flow presents numerous examples and exercises to reinforce the essential elements of the theoretical development, and thus is eminently well suited for self-directed study by undergraduate and graduate students. This volume will be a valuable resource for professionals in Earth and environmental sciences who develop groundwater models., including in the fields of groundwater hydrology, soil physics, hydrogeology, geoscience, geophysics, and geochemistry. Time-periodic phenomena are also encountered in fields other than groundwater flow, such as electronics, heat transport, and chemical diffusion. Thus, students and professionals in the field of chemistry, electronic engineering, and physics will also find this book useful. Author Information Todd Rasmussen is a Professor of Hydrology and Water Resources at the University of Georgia (UGA). He is a member of the Faculty of Water Resources, the Faculty of Engineering, and the Academy of the Environment at UGA. He is an associate editor for the Journal of Hydrology, and has been an associate editor for Water Resources Research and Hydrogeology Journal. He received his PhD from the Department of Hydrology and Water Resources, College of Engineering and Mines, at the University of Arizona in 1988. His publications focus on uid ow and contaminant transport through surface and subsurface environments, including the physical, chemical, mathematical, and statistical description and quantification of hydrologic processes. He was a co-author of the AGU Geophysical Monograph 42 (Evans et al., 2001) as well as multiple journal articles specifically related to subsurface periodic behavior (Toll and Rasmussen, 2007 Rasmussen and Mote, 2007 Rasmussen et al., 2003). Joe Depner graduated with an M.S. from the Department of Hydrology and Water Resources at the University of Arizona in 1985. His thesis topic was Estimation of the three-dimensional anisotropic spatial covariance of log permeability using single-hole and cross-hole packer test data from fractured granites, under the direction of Professor Shlomo P. Neuman, which was subsequently published (Neuman and Depner, 1988). He has also published on the topic of periodic flow in groundwater (Depner, 2000). He has worked professionally for multiple private consulting services and for Pacific Northwest National Laboratory in Hanford, WA.
Hydrodynamics of Time-Periodic Groundwater Flow: Diffusion Waves in Porous Media (Geophysical Monograph Series).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35642
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Terrestrial Water Cycle and Climate Change: Natural and Human-Induced Impacts (Geophysical Monograph Series)
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Low-Frequency Waves in Space Plasmas (Geophysical Monograph Series)
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Deep Earth: Physics and Chemistry of the Lower Mantle and Core (Geophysical Monograph Series)
- 2017-11-08[PDF] Rare Earth Elements in Groundwater Flow Systems (Water Science and Technology Library) - Removed
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Flow and Transport in Porous Media and Fractured Rock: From Classical Methods to Modern Approaches
- 2017-10-23[PDF] Subduction Dynamics: From Mantle Flow to Mega Disasters (Geophysical Monograph Series)
- 2019-01-10Diffusion in Natural Porous Media Contaminant Transport, SorptionDesorption and Dissolution Kinetics
- 2018-12-27Diffusion in Natural Porous Media Contaminant Transport, SorptionDesorption and Dissolution Kinetics
- 2018-12-05Flow and Transport in Porous Media and Fractured Rock From Classical Methods to Modern Approaches (2...
- 2018-07-20Buoyancy-Driven Flow in Fluid-Saturated Porous Media near a Bounding Surface
- 2018-06-15Buoyancy-Driven Flow in Fluid-Saturated Porous Media near a Bounding Surface
- 2018-06-12Buoyancy-Driven Flow in Fluid-Saturated Porous Media near a Bounding Surface
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Higher Regulators, Algebraic $K$-Theory, and Zeta Functions of Elliptic Curves (CRM Monograph Series)
- 2018-01-21[PDF] The Past of Jesus in the Gospels (Society for New Testament Studies Monograph Series)
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Rivers Over Rock: Fluvial Processes in Bedrock Channels (Geophysical Monograph Series)
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Integrated Imaging of the Earth: Theory and Applications (Geophysical Monograph Series)
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Plate Boundaries and Natural Hazards (Geophysical Monograph Series)
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Extreme Events: Observations, Modeling, and Economics (Geophysical Monograph Series)
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Auroral Dynamics and Space Weather (Geophysical Monograph Series)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.