[PDF] Imperialism in the Twenty-First Century: Globalization, Super-Exploitation, and Capitalism's Final Crisis
Posted on 2018-02-01, by luongquocchinh.
Author: John Smith | Category: Economy | Language: English | Page: 384 | ISBN: 1583675787 | ISBN13: 9781583675786 |
Description: Winner of the first Paul A. Baran-Paul M. Sweezy Memorial Award for an original monograph concerned with the political economy of imperialism, John Smith's Imperialism in the Twenty-First Century is a seminal examination of the relationship between the core capitalist countries and the rest of the world in the age of neoliberal globalization.Deploying a sophisticated Marxist methodology, Smith begins by tracing the production of certain iconic commodities-the T-shirt, the cup of coffee, and the iPhone-and demonstrates how these generate enormous outflows of money from the countries of the Global South to transnational corporations headquartered in the core capitalist nations of the Global North. From there, Smith draws on his empirical findings to powerfully theorize the current shape of imperialism. He argues that the core capitalist countries need no longer rely on military force and colonialism (although these still occur) but increasingly are able to extract profits from workers in the Global South through market mechanisms and, by aggressively favoring places with lower wages, the phenomenon of labor arbitrage. Meticulously researched and forcefully argued, Imperialism in the Twenty-First Century is a major contribution to the theorization and critique of global capitalism.
Imperialism in the Twenty-First Century: Globalization, Super-Exploitation, and Capitalism's Final Crisis.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35855
- 2010-05-14Shipping and Ports in the Twenty-first Century: Globalization, Technical Change and the Environment
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Phenomenology for the Twenty-First Century - Removed
- 2018-01-24[PDF] The Twenty-first Century African American Novel and the Critique of Whiteness in Everyday Life: Blackness as Strategy for Social Change
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Capital in the Twenty-First Century [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Capital in the Twenty-First Century
- 2017-12-28[PDF] Capital in the Twenty-First Century [Audiobook]
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Performance in the Twenty-First Century: Theatres of Engagement
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Americanism in the Twenty-First Century: Public Opinion in the Age of Immigration
- 2017-12-15[PDF] Keynes for the Twenty-First Century: The Continuing Relevance of The General Theory
- 2017-12-13[PDF] The Twenty-First-Century Media Industry: Economic and Managerial Implications in the Age of New Media (Studies in New Media)
- 2017-12-10[PDF] Mathematics into the Twenty-First Century: 1988 Centennial Symposium August 8-12 (American Mathematical Society Centennial Publications, Vol II)
- 2017-11-20[PDF] Heidegger in the Twenty-First Century
- 2017-11-20[PDF] Iraq in the Twenty-First Century: Regime Change and the Making of a Failed State (Durham Modern Middle East and Islamic World Series)
- 2017-11-11[PDF] Leadership for the Twenty-First Century
- 2017-11-02[PDF] FDA in the Twenty-First Century: The Challenges of Regulating Drugs and New Technologies
- 2017-10-04[PDF] Governance in the Twenty-first Century: Revitalizing the Public Service (Canadian Centre for Management Development Series on Governa)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Performance in the Twenty-First Century: Theatres of Engagement
- 2017-01-14[PDF] Leadership for the Twenty-First Century
- 2017-01-13[PDF] FDA in the Twenty-First Century: The Challenges of Regulating Drugs and New Technologies
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.